Tyrannical Roger Goodell lays down the law regarding decision to go on with the draft (2 Viewers)

Yes, but this would be different. There would be no live set and all the analysts would be in their house.
That’s how it was set up in the 80s when they just had in a hotel lobby and it still got the numbers.

That’s how it was set up in the 80s when they just had in a hotel lobby and it still got the numbers.
Kinda boring but I guess anything is better than classic replays at this point.

I know everyone not going like this point but he could actually look pretty smart if this goes well, There is almost 0 supply and an over demand for sports. especially with everyone kind of stuck in the house. People will tune in. And the analyst might be on laptop but whats different about the draft is they can fill in alot of the spectacle with college replays. I dont like the punishment for employees speaking their mind, I understand what hes trying to do but the lack of empathy is a huge turn off.

Roger is a tool (in every sense of the word) but I am in agreement with pushing forward on this - there's no critical reason not to - and this is a company with employees and an image to protect so the warning about pissing and moaning about it publicly is fair game. These people are compensated well enough to be quiet and do their jobs. We're all making sacrifices, they can too. Sack up.

Just hope that Loomis and our scouting department weren't banking on a postponement.

Roger is a tool (in every sense of the word) but I am in agreement with pushing forward on this - there's no critical reason not to - and this is a company with employees and an image to protect so the warning about pissing and moaning about it publicly is fair game. These people are compensated well enough to be quiet and do their jobs. We're all making sacrifices, they can too. Sack up.

Just hope that Loomis and our scouting department weren't banking on a postponement.

Fascism is ok as long as you're well compensated for it!

The ratings will be huge. There's nothing sports related to compete. They should draw it out, one round...per...day. Make it last a week, what else do we have to watch? Better, let fans of each team, use season ticket holders, and have an Eight Round for fans to draft one player per team.

In a time of crisis, Roger Goodell never changes. He is a clown.
He is a mouthpiece for ownership. He's reflecting what the owners want.

GMs want it pushed back. The owners want to capitalize on the massive television ratings and the fact that there are no other sports news stories happening. If they push it to May or June, they are in the thick of (possibly) other sports returning to the landscape.

It's the dollars. Always the dollars.

Fascism is ok as long as you're well compensated for it!
Good quality entertainment when people throw that word around for effect when it has little to nothing to do with the subject at hand.

Look, whining publicly about your boss or your company's business decisions is going to get you into hot water on Wall St, Main St, and yes - sports arenas. Where are you when coaches get fined for criticizing officiating? You did know that's a thing, right?

If the GM's don't like it, they're free to find a different league or a new line of work.

Pocket, what if some of those employees or HC's or GM's on Wall St. Or in the NFL, MLB, NBA, or NCAAF who complain or whine publicly about their companies business decisions or their bosses decisions (owners) are right and actually have a logical, rational basis behind their objections because they can see that the end results will be damaging to their company's bottom line and possibly their jobs as well. Contextually, their complaints are centered around trying to prevent their bosses from making short-sighted, illogical decisions that will create more negatives than any real positives.

I'm not saying this particular situation falls completely under this scenario, but we all here remember how the NFL and Goodell tried to shame, belittle, give press conferences at SB 53 where they bashed us for complaining bitterly about referee incompetence, stupidity, and indecisiveness that cost us and possibly Drew Brees a second Lombardi trophy in 2018 NFCCG vs. Rams. fork Goodell and fork anyone else if they try and tell me not to be P'Oed then and now about how their terrible call robbed us of another SB trip. Payton, in this case, wasn't wrong to criticize the refs or his GD crew who failed to do their jobs in not calling a pass interference call and fining Payton or other Saints officials for criticizing those blown calls, as well as the fact that it's common knowledge Goodell hates our team and our city. He's even subtly admitted it in interviews on a number of occasions. So, fork him, and fork the other owners and frankly fork the head of the referees union if his ego gets hurt and he feels one NFL fan base and team has the audacity, the SHEER AUDACITY, to make him compliant and responsible for trying to explain and fix huge errors in how the NFL rules systems work in-games and consider trying to repair the image NFL refs have among some NFL fan bases.

Sometimes in sports, HC's, GM's, or players have a valid right to criticize decisions made by refs during their games, especially in playoffs, and especially more so when those games adversely affect the outcome of a team's season. I mean the most dominant NFL dynasty of the past 20 years began arguably due to a stupid, idiotic ruling that's been thrown out for almost 10 years now: The Tuck Rule. Oh and BTW to any Patriots fans on here: Your often-used excuse to gloss over the Tuck Rule is bullshirt, too, Charles Woodson never came close to hitting Brady's helmet in his original sack if you watch the original video in slow-motion or at full speed.

Has the NFL, MLB, or NBA donated to the covid 19 crisis? Every team owner should pony up at least a million. That would be some serious dough. Or has Brees surpassed them all combined? I haven't kept up with donation side if things

Just wondering for those that say the NFL Draft 'has to' to happen as scheduled because they are bored and need something to watch during that time.

Would you feel differently if it meant the team you root for failed to evaluate prospects properly / and as an end result ended up missing on a very talented, quality player that they might have been able to scout better, get a better medical evaluation on given more time?

If guys that are actually in the business like Loomis and other notable GMs are saying they need more time for their scouting departments to get the proper evaluations that they would have been able to get done in the past.. I'm going to take their word on it.

(and before you answer just Facetime, Skype the Prospects no that's not the same as actually being able to Sit down in person and get them on the Whiteboard, and ask them scheme specific questions, and certain teams actually need to have their Own team Medical staffs check a Medically flagged prospect before their teams feel confident in Unflagging them... this is coming straight from ex-scouts that worked directly with the Seahawks, and Ravens on this situation)

He is a mouthpiece for ownership. He's reflecting what the owners want.

GMs want it pushed back. The owners want to capitalize on the massive television ratings and the fact that there are no other sports news stories happening. If they push it to May or June, they are in the thick of (possibly) other sports returning to the landscape.

It's the dollars. Always the dollars.
If I remember correctly Gayle came after him after the screw job and got the P.I. Reviews. Roger got Alberto Riveron to rig it. It is on Goodell.

The Three Stooges

photos.medleyphoto.233248-RhnI1tk2BlueEREavhZJEJJ-680x383.jpg

Pocket, what if some of those employees or HC's or GM's on Wall St. Or in the NFL, MLB, NBA, or NCAAF who complain or whine publicly about their companies business decisions or their bosses decisions (owners) are right and actually have a logical, rational basis behind their objections because they can see that the end results will be damaging to their company's bottom line and possibly their jobs as well. Contextually, their complaints are centered around trying to prevent their bosses from making short-sighted, illogical decisions that will create more negatives than any real positives.

I'm not saying this particular situation falls completely under this scenario, but we all here remember how the NFL and Goodell tried to shame, belittle, give press conferences at SB 53 where they bashed us for complaining bitterly about referee incompetence, stupidity, and indecisiveness that cost us and possibly Drew Brees a second Lombardi trophy in 2018 NFCCG vs. Rams. fork Goodell and fork anyone else if they try and tell me not to be P'Oed then and now about how their terrible call robbed us of another SB trip. Payton, in this case, wasn't wrong to criticize the refs or his GD crew who failed to do their jobs in not calling a pass interference call and fining Payton or other Saints officials for criticizing those blown calls, as well as the fact that it's common knowledge Goodell hates our team and our city. He's even subtly admitted it in interviews on a number of occasions. So, fork him, and fork the other owners and frankly fork the head of the referees union if his ego gets hurt and he feels one NFL fan base and team has the audacity, the SHEER AUDACITY, to make him compliant and responsible for trying to explain and fix huge errors in how the NFL rules systems work in-games and consider trying to repair the image NFL refs have among some NFL fan bases.

Sometimes in sports, HC's, GM's, or players have a valid right to criticize decisions made by refs during their games, especially in playoffs, and especially more so when those games adversely affect the outcome of a team's season. I mean the most dominant NFL dynasty of the past 20 years began arguably due to a stupid, idiotic ruling that's been thrown out for almost 10 years now: The Tuck Rule. Oh and BTW to any Patriots fans on here: Your often-used excuse to gloss over the Tuck Rule is bullshirt, too, Charles Woodson never came close to hitting Brady's helmet in his original sack if you watch the original video in slow-motion or at full speed.
Yeah, fork Goodell for sure - no disagreement there - but I happen to agree with the NFL's decision to press forward. I actually respect them for doing so instead of "OMGz cancelling ALLLLLL the things!!" when there doesn't appear to be any real health risks attached to keeping this event on schedule.

Maybe the GM's and scouting departments have a harder job in front of them this year because of the circumstances. Big deal. So do I and most every global citizen out there. And you know what? People who are broke and have real life problems don't want to listen to the upper 1% complain about doing a job that most of us would do for free under pretty much any circumstances. If they want to moan about it and feel they have valid reason to do so, then do it behind closed doors through the proper channels like any employee should do. Creating a shirt storm in public to get their way is bad for business and SHOULD have negative consequences just like any employee would have to deal with.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom