Tyreek Hill can return to camp (1 Viewer)

The tsar of the NFL and those around him can't seem to get it right. If I believed in conspiracies...

The girlfriend failed to cooperate. I am not going to be critical of the league in its decision. And incidentally, for those who think we were singled out for harsh treatment because we are a small market, how would you describe the Kansas City market?

The real story is how the Chiefs organization in recent years--and now the Browns organization with a former Chief as GM--has ignored character issues because of player talent. These teams will eventually pay the price of their Faustian deals.

Onyamatta gets a suspended for getting some marijuana delivered to him (which was stupid). This guy apparently hurts his child among other noted issues with his child’s mother and he gets no punishment.

Onyamatta gets a suspended for getting some marijuana delivered to him (which was stupid). This guy apparently hurts his child among other noted issues with his child’s mother and he gets no punishment.

Onyemata is a relatively obscure backup DT playing for a small market team run by guys Goodell despises so I’m actually surprised his punishment wasn’t harsher. Hill is a star always good for electric highlight reel plays that makes money for the league through sportsmedia. The league has always has had two sets of rules for it’s big market stars and run of the mill players - see Michael Irvin, Nate Newton, etc.

The real story is how the Chiefs organization in recent years--and now the Browns organization with a former Chief as GM--has ignored character issues because of player talent. These teams will eventually pay the price of their Faustian deals.

I believe this to be true. We have seen the pattern too often. Bengals come to mind off the top of my head.

Nauseating

I need to amplify on my earlier comments. I think the league needs to exhibit a level of due process in imposing penalties for players and other league members. But the teams are different. They can decide that they do not want association of certain players because of their character. Here, if Hill had been the number three receiver on the team, he would have been cut. But he may be the number three receiver in the league, so Kansas City stays the course.

And Cincinnati did for so long ignore character in the selection of players, and Kansas City and now Cleveland seem to be placing less emphasis on character than other teams.

Hill will be traded from the Chiefs before the end of the season...book it!

But what team has a greater tolerance for a character-challenged player than Kansas City? Seriously, if an organization like Kansas City contacted you about the availability of Hill, given his production with Mahones, you would have to wonder what else has Hill done or is he likely to do.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom