U-S-A (1 Viewer)

Krodwhodat

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Politics have slowly been creeping into this board lately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FootballLady

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Why? do you not know which country you are in?

DaveParks1

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I'd rather have a nice whodat cheer. Especially after a score. Why on earth do we have to do anything political at a game (and this is obviously a response to the whole Kapernik crap, any protestations to the contrary notwithstanding). Go to the Olympics for that cheer. WHODAT!

Goatman Saint

Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
No no no. Can we not enjoy something without either politics, patriotism or religion getting into it? I mean seriously. I want to drink beer, eat BBQ and watch football. For a few hours on Sunday I don't give a rip about politics, BLM, the election, Mexican rapists, Muslim extremists, some stupid wall, whatever. I want to see Brees throwing some sweet passes, Ingram running hard and a defense that is playing sound.

LiterOCola

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
No no no. Can we not enjoy something without either politics, patriotism or religion getting into it? I mean seriously. I want to drink beer, eat BBQ and watch football. For a few hours on Sunday I don't give a rip about politics, BLM, the election, Mexican rapists, Muslim extremists, some stupid wall, whatever. I want to see Brees throwing some sweet passes, Ingram running hard and a defense that is playing sound.
It's an election year, we're all doomed for at least a few more months.

I live in a critical swing state, and it's been almost non-stop campaign ads. Not the "hey, I have a vision and we'll make the world a better place" type either. It's non-stop "my opponent is the devil and everything you love and hold dear in the world will be taken from you" negativity 24/7.

So, as I sit down to watch some football tomorrow, I expect nothing but hours on end of "who will stand and sit" commentary with commercials proudly proclaiming the most evil person on the planet is a few short months away from beating me down into nothingness.

So, thanks politics! I'm feeling just peachy over here.

Heathen Saint

"Socially distanced"
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
I dare someone to sit during the national anthem, just as an experiment

And watch how many "patriots" curse you out.

dapperdan

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Would love to participate in U-S-A chant at game Sunday.
I'm with you. Amazing how so many on here want to downgrade your post but then give you the Kraepernick has every right to protest. He may well have the right but a USA USA chant on the 15th anniversary of the 9-11 is perfectly ok.

Quite frankly a lot of you should be ashamed of yourselves for not wanting to chant that on this day coming up. Red thumb all the way because a lot of you are pretty pathetic.

booya

All-Pro
Reaction score
you want to make David Onyemata feel weird?
Throw Edebali in the mix...he is German.

Ok he won't have a problem with that as he loves the states and his Dad was an US soldier. (ok he only got to know him during his Senior year at Boston Colleague)

Seriously
I understand that some of you might have mixed feelings due to the Kapernik incident.

But let me tell you that from a German point of view with a bad history of being nationalist.
If you start overdoing nationalist/patriotic actions is this a road that leads to nothing good.

You start judging/hating people that don't follow your way and you force yourself to constantly increasing your actions/words/signs/songs/chants of patriotic/nationalist acts.
Just to prove to everybody that you are none of "those" that do not show the support of your country in the prober way.

I really fear that day that I manage to see the Saints in the Dome and the US anthem start to be played and I don't stand up as a German and people start beating or throw things at me me because they only see a sitting person.

dapperdan

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Politics have slowly been creeping into this board lately.

Yes they have. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the USA chant. It is not political at all. Do you guys not realize that the game will be played on 9-11?

Some of you are disgusting.

dapperdan

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score

Ever heard of 9-11? Any idea what the date is tomorrow?

dapperdan

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
I'd rather have a nice whodat cheer. Especially after a score. Why on earth do we have to do anything political at a game (and this is obviously a response to the whole Kapernik crap, any protestations to the contrary notwithstanding). Go to the Olympics for that cheer. WHODAT!
No it's not. Even if it was it would be perfectly fine. 9-11 is tomorrow. You live in the USA. If you don't like it help make it better or move the hell out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom