U.S. Army to Recruit Ugandans. (1 Viewer)

Wow, look at the comments below, they are chomping at the bit. They are the children of the folks that survived Idi Amin, so they are probably made of tough stuff. Do they get U.S. citizenship for this? I would assume so. :shrug:

No, Thorin, citizenship is not automatic. They have to go through the same lengthy and convoluted process that all naturalized citizens do. They apply and wait, apply and wait, apply and wait, all while serving in uniform. I knew quite a few in the Marines.

I've read of Mexican nationals serving with the Marines who died in combat have have been granted citizenship posthumously.

There was also a brief international incident when the family of a deceased Marine/Mexican national requested a military funeral...in Mexico.

Given the history involved, the Mexican government doesn't like armed US Marines on its soil. In the end, the problem was resolved and the Marine was buried.

Well, sure. More money than they see in a lifetime, and a far greater survival rate.

This isn't anything new nor unusual. We have recruited and accepted foreigners in our armed forces for decades.

DD I don't remember the details but they created a fast track program for those that complete 3 or more years of service. Of course it's only easy in comparison to the old way.
Blackadder our military has people from all over the world in service right now. It's nothing new.

No, Thorin, citizenship is not automatic. They have to go through the same lengthy and convoluted process that all naturalized citizens do. They apply and wait, apply and wait, apply and wait, all while serving in uniform. I knew quite a few in the Marines.

I've read of Mexican nationals serving with the Marines who died in combat have have been granted citizenship posthumously.

There was also a brief international incident when the family of a deceased Marine/Mexican national requested a military funeral...in Mexico.

Given the history involved, the Mexican government doesn't like armed US Marines on its soil. In the end, the problem was resolved and the Marine was buried.
The process is being sped up, especially for those who serve in a combat zone.

The process is being sped up, especially for those who serve in a combat zone.

Yes, BD, I can believe that. In my time, they sped up the process and then slowed it again, sped it up, slowed it down.

Once the heat is off and the enlistment rate is up, they scale it back again...sort of like the strictness of physical exams and PT test requirements. During certain periods, they're very picky...at other times, if you're breathing, you're in! :hihi:

I wonder if Kamala the "Ugandan Warrior" is still available...

kamala-spear.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom