U.S. inquiries into Russian election hacking include 3 FBI probes, links to financial transactions involving Trump associates (1 Viewer)

Saintaholic

<><><><><><><><><><><>
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation is pursuing at least three separate probes relating to alleged Russian hacking of the U.S. presidential elections, according to five current and former government officials with direct knowledge of the situation.

While the fact that the FBI is investigating had been reported previously by the New York Times and other media, these officials shed new light on both the precise number of inquires and their focus.

The FBI's Pittsburgh field office, which runs many cyber security investigations, is trying to identify the people behind breaches of the Democratic National Committee's computer systems, the officials said. Those breaches, in 2015 and the first half of 2016, exposed the internal communications of party officials as the Democratic nominating convention got underway and helped undermine support for Hillary Clinton.

This excerpt was particularly intriguing:

Beyond the two FBI field offices, FBI counterintelligence agents based in Washington are pursuing leads from informants and foreign communications intercepts, two of the people said.

This counterintelligence inquiry includes but is not limited to examination of financial transactions by Russian individuals and companies who are believed to have links to Trump associates. The transactions under scrutiny involve investments by Russians in overseas entities that appear to have been undertaken through middlemen and front companies, two people briefed on the probe said.
U.S. inquiries into Russian election hacking include three FBI probes | Reuters

....and the plot thickens.

efil4stnias

Play at your own risk
Reaction score
This excerpt was particularly intriguing:

U.S. inquiries into Russian election hacking include three FBI probes | Reuters

....and the plot thickens.
The IC will be able to peel the layers of shell and front companies and that's when the real fun begins.

The most important one is Rosneft and the 19% stake.

This will take a long time to develop, but they aren't going away until the investigation reveals everything the US needs to know.

As big of a Trump opposer I am, I REALLY HOPE that there is no connection between he and Russia because we would be entering territory that I'm not sure how we would handle.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

billinms

Tiptoeing Through the Tulips
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
At what point will Trump supporters have to admit there is something here. This is not fake news or liberal lies.

xpuma20x

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
I'm not sure how we would handle.
This is the part that worries me to be honest. Alright, so, lets say hypothetically there are numerous links found including things like direct payments and assistance from the Russians etc etc..basically everything bad you can think of....what's the next step? Again, all hypothetically here. You can't just remove Trump. Who's to say that Pence isn't in on it? Who's to say everyone in his inner circle wouldn't likely be involved? Alright, now what do you do about the Russians? Tip your hat and say good try? Do you go to war and risk nukes being dropped over it? You can't just let them walk, but at the same time how far do you go? It's scary either way.

Edit: Then what do you do with the millions of people state side that won't believe it's anything but some liberal media cover up to remove their guy, even if you're slapping them in the face with all the evidence. They're not just going to accept it and move on.

billinms

Tiptoeing Through the Tulips
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
This is the part that worries me to be honest. Alright, so, lets say hypothetically there are numerous links found including things like direct payments and assistance from the Russians etc etc..basically everything bad you can think of....what's the next step? Again, all hypothetically here. You can't just remove Trump. Who's to say that Pence isn't in on it? Who's to say everyone in his inner circle wouldn't likely be involved? Alright, now what do you do about the Russians? Tip your hat and say good try? Do you go to war and risk nukes being dropped over it? You can't just let them walk, but at the same time how far do you go? It's scary either way.

Edit: Then what do you do with the millions of people state side that won't believe it's anything but some liberal media cover up to remove their guy, even if you're slapping them in the face with all the evidence. They're not just going to accept it and move on.
If it goes down as described, I'd want anyone involved charged with treason. Dealing with Russia would be more complex.

Saint by the Bay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
At what point will Trump supporters have to admit there is something here. This is not fake news or liberal lies.
They won't. They are too emotionally invested in him as the savior of the common man and someone who "sounds like them". Support for Trump was never based on facts or policies, it was always based on an emotional feeling that they had been left behind in the efforts for globalization and diversity. It was about having someone who said what they were feeling but nobody would listen to. It was about validation.

People don't give up saviors easily.

saintmdterps

If we give ya the boogie, can ya handle it?
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score

whodat79

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
We have discussed this before...I am in full support of an investigation into this matter. If they find wrongdoing by Trump or his associates then prosecute to the extend of the law and crimes committed. Trump has clearly lied about having business ties in Russia, which many companies do. Distancing yourself from the Russia/presidential election stuff by lying about business dealings with Russia is stupid. If he is found of no wrongdoing we will all have to move on with our lives or at least to the next issue lol

Saintamaniac

Purple & Gold for Life
Reaction score
We have discussed this before...I am in full support of an investigation into this matter. If they find wrongdoing by Trump or his associates then prosecute to the extend of the law and crimes committed. Trump has clearly lied about having business ties in Russia, which many companies do. Distancing yourself from the Russia/presidential election stuff by lying about business dealings with Russia is stupid. If he is found of no wrongdoing we will all have to move on with our lives or at least to the next issue lol
This requires a Benghazi-style investigation. Anyone who is against this is pretty much telling admitting that they don't want to truth to come out to the general public. This could all end and end very well if trump simply produces his taxes. I'd imagine if trump could produce his taxes and they show nothing linking him to Russia, he'd turn a lot people who are currently on the fence to seeing things his way. That won't happen though because he knows he's hiding something.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom