U2 and Green Day "The Saints Are Coming" video (1 Viewer)

Great video...what they attempt to show is a BIG reason I chose V as my new home game costume

Why would fighter jets flying over New Orleans help anything?

I don't get that...

Why would fighter jets flying over New Orleans help anything?

I don't get that...

Not a good video, i mean it's good (in theory) but (realistically) it's garbage and Fans are gonna think this actually happened and my fear is, everybody is going to forget the suffering and deaths because they will see these images of food and help all over the city.

Hopefully thats not the case and everybody is educated enough to know the truth and see the true message of this video, but im willing to believe many will see it as "The Country came to the rescue and helped New Orleans and all is good"

Is this the real video?? It's a little over the top, but I see the point they're trying to make. Don't ever forget that they made our fellow New Orleanians wait for almost a week for assistance. And I guess that's what they're trying to say.

Well, I guess I get the point but it's a pretty stupid premise... They should have made it about helping New Orleans now, not what should or should not have happened in the past. It's a shame because I think they're missing out on an oppurtunity to bring in more money for the Gulf Coast region because they'd rather exploit a tragedy for political purposes...

I don't think pulling troops out of Iraq and directing them to New Orleans after Katrina would have been any quicker of a response either, so...

Well, I guess I get the point but it's a pretty stupid premise... They should have made it about helping New Orleans now, not what should or should not have happened in the past. It's a shame because I think they're missing out on an oppurtunity to bring in more money for the Gulf Coast region because they'd rather exploit a tragedy for political purposes...

I don't think pulling troops out of Iraq and directing them to New Orleans after Katrina would have been any quicker of a response either, so...

Oh don't get me wrong. I agree with what you've said here. And yes, it is a little worrisome that the video that they've put with this song is so divisive, when the memories I have of hearing that song are more akin to our rebirth and looking to the future. I'm actually shocked that U2 and Greenday decided to make such a strong stance with this video. They should have enlisted the help of some local New Orleans artists with the production of this video and skipped the opportunity for a political statement.

For those viewing this from around the world, it takes the focus off what happened here and the positive stories about New Orleanians busting their a$$es to rebuild our city. And for that, I'm a little dissapointed in the video.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom