ubiquity (1 Viewer)

robsmith32

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Just checking to see if any of you have experience with their wireless radios, antennas, wireless ap's.

how good their coverage really is, speed, and consistent speeds

Ubiquiti

I have a pair of Nanostations in Galliano. They've been outside for 3 years now and I haven't had to replace it. I also had a set in Kenai, AK for 2 years. Only issues I had with them was the ice pulling out the RJ45 from the radio Lol. I can't recall the throughput. It's been so long since I had to mess with them.

I also have 3 of their UniFi access points. Been running them for 2 years as well with no problems. I like how the controller is software based. Access points never need to be reset.

Stay away from their cameras until they put IR support. I've always been interested in their AirFiber... can't get anyone to bite with the price tag Lol.

Ubiquiti

I have a pair of Nanostations in Galliano. They've been outside for 3 years now and I haven't had to replace it. I also had a set in Kenai, AK for 2 years. Only issues I had with them was the ice pulling out the RJ45 from the radio Lol. I can't recall the throughput. It's been so long since I had to mess with them.

I also have 3 of their UniFi access points. Been running them for 2 years as well with no problems. I like how the controller is software based. Access points never need to be reset.

Stay away from their cameras until they put IR support. I've always been interested in their AirFiber... can't get anyone to bite with the price tag Lol.

that's is really good. no reset in 2 years.. typical ots items have to reset often.
what kind of coverage thru walls?

The ap's probably more of what i'd end up using, although, popping a bullet m on a port with good 120 degree antenna at corner of home, may be an option.. Thinking of doing something to help with people having large homes.. that always complain they can't get wifi signal where wanting to use laptop.
thinking a setup like that. would allow full in home coverage, plus be able to use at the neighborhood pool clubhouse to stream their netflix while kids play.:scratch::scratch:
granted, know they're really designed more for the wisp market.

The APs aren't repeaters... just a FYI. But, they work pretty darn good. I use them at our office. One in our office building and 2 in our hangar offices. I wish I knew the sq footage, but the 1 AP works well in the office. We can fit 3 Sikorsky S92 helicopters in the hangar if that helps :)

Check out the Ubuiqiti forums on their website. Those guys are pros.

The Nanostations are awesome for point to point.

i'm thinking selling to some home contractors, a wired router, then using a bullet, and a 360degree antenna.. so that have wireless-n, and easy upgrade as tech improves. by just replacing the radio, and maybe antenna if using diff frequency range.
whereas typically, its a swap everything when decide to upgrade. could even use those with those crap all in 1 gateways the cable companies use. and set it as ap mode.
those things are notorious for getting calls, about their wireless signal being crap, only get half a signal 5ft from the router.

I did a speed test on the bridge. Now, it isn't an ideal setup. Only 8 feet off the ground, so some ground noise is likely happening. Just an idea.

Rx: 10.26 Mbps
Tx: 8.57 Mbps

I did a speed test on the bridge. Now, it isn't an ideal setup. Only 8 feet off the ground, so some ground noise is likely happening. Just an idea.

Rx: 10.26 Mbps
Tx: 8.57 Mbps

ouch, was hoping for better than that.

It was too bright, also minus a ladder, so I "eyed it",,, Couldn't see the signal bars.

Rx: 13.20 Mbps
Tx: 13.55 Mbps

So it could get better.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom