Ubuntu 8.04 - Hardy Heron (1 Viewer)

Man FF3 is horrible with the SR_Grey skin.

Why is that? I've been using the grey skin because the black one is hard on my eyes. But then, I have bad eyes.

Why is that? I've been using the grey skin because the black one is hard on my eyes. But then, I have bad eyes.

Oh I am using grey also. That stupid bug that we've been talking about is what I was referring to.

I also have found that when using the grey skin that I'm unable to use my mouse to insert the focus/cursor in a previous line (for editing purposes).

So far, I've found that FF2 works fine, and that FF3 works poorly with the grey skin (which is the one I prefer).

I really hope some other Ubuntu 8.04 users with FF3 experience my problems. I'm having major issues entering replies into the 'quick reply' box too.

I really hope some other Ubuntu 8.04 users with FF3 experience my problems. I'm having major issues entering replies into the 'quick reply' box too.

I know you said you did the upgrade to Hardy, but do you have an extra hard drive to try a fresh install and see if that fixes it?

Has anyone had luck installing the w32codecs package? I do have the medibuntu repository enabled.

tim@timbo:~$ sudo apt-get install w32codecs
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Package w32codecs is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source
E: Package w32codecs has no installation candidate

I was able to add the medibuntu repository and install them just now (on w32).

Here's what I added:

Code:
deb http://packages.medibuntu.org/ hardy free non-free

and I had a successful install. I followed the instructions here:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Medibuntu

As for that earlier FF3 problem I switched the to standard editor instead of the WYSIWYG one (as suggested by Andrus the other day) and have had ZERO issues. All is well now.

Thanks for the link. Well, duh, it might help if I install W64codecs rather than w32codecs since I'm running amd64.

Do any of you enable the pre-release updates in the repos?

I don't on my running system, but I usually get jumpy and try out the development version in VirtualBox (as soon as it will install) and enable them there.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom