UCLA student tazed (1 Viewer)

Now I watched it. Go taze the troublemaker in the Computer Geek lab. :shrug: What's with Los Angeles and authority figures anyway? I'm actually surprised they didn't threaten to beat up the two guys with the camera phones. I hope the UCLA students protest the hell out of this. What an ourtage and abuse of the Patriot Act (mandatory throw in of course).

:rock:

TPS

Keith Oblerman actually had a clip were the students were complaining to one of the officers about what happened and you can clearly hear one of the officers say if you don't get back you will get tazzed also! Search Google for Oblerman and UCLA student.

These were UCLA campus police not LAPD. The video of the lawyer said two campus police came up to him while he was typing his paper on his laptop at the UCLA library. The student thought the UCLA pollice were racial profiling because they did not ask anyone else around him for their ID's only him. To me, that is irrelavant. I just find it absurd that they tazzed him like 5 times. The guy was limp and they are telling him to walk and then they tazzed him again! If you taze someone that many times you might throw their heart into a lethal arrythmia. It's really just sad.

First, the lawyer is going to get on TV and tell his client's view of things only, so that point of view may be (probably is) slanted. The campus police may have been told to go to the lab and ID the students to make sure they are students. He may have just been the first one to be checked. We don't know because we haven't heard the entire story yet. That's the way it is with the media today. "We have a tazer video, and we are going to show it." They get one side and people come down on the "other side" without knowing all of the facts. There is a lot we don't know about what happened, but based on what we do know....

1. The student could have avoided this by showing his ID.
2. The police should know that a person that has been tazered several times isn't going to be able to walk, so tazering him again isn't going to help.
3. Screaming "Patriot Act" at campus police that are probably just trying to make sure that people who are using the computers are students is cause in and of itself for a tazering or two. :ezbill:

Instead of guessing why the guy was asked to show his ID, why don't we look it up on the Internet? Brilliant!

UCLA officials said they require students to show ID cards to use the campus library after 11 p.m. to ensure students' safety.

Tabatabainejad's attorney said the student refused, saying he felt singled out because he is of Iranian descent and was the only student he saw asked for ID.

The student's attorney said this:

Tabatabainejad refused to provide the ID and asked the officer to ask other students for their IDs first.

The officer refused, then summoned a supervisor, and Tabatabainejad again refused to provide his ID. Yagman said he was told to leave the library or the police would be summoned.

He said the police arrived as Tabatabainejad was packing up his materials and grabbed him. He said Tabatabainejad fell to the floor in hopes of avoiding any further confrontation with the officers, and the officers then used the Taser gun on him five times.

READ MORE
http://www.sacbee.com/101/story/79337.html

Sounds to me like the student meant to cause a problem as an act of protest and got more than he bargained for. Yeah, five Tazer shots is a bit much.

DD will find some connection between these protesters and Communists after seeing this pic... :D

protestsigns.jpg

DD will find some connection between these protesters and Communists after seeing this pic... :D

protestsigns.jpg

Oh my Lord. Correct me if I am wrong, but I didn't think the military recruiters were the ones tazering the student? Love the name though...Spartacus Youth Club.

Oh my Lord. Correct me if I am wrong, but I didn't think the military recruiters were the ones tazering the student? Love the name though...Spartacus Youth Club.

Yeah, a case like this will bring the Loveable Lefties (TM DD) out in droves which will equal every ridiculous point of protest imaginable rolled into one. I'm sure there are people with "Don't taser kids or take away a womans right to choose" posters too. :dunno:

Yeah, a case like this will bring the Loveable Lefties (TM DD) out in droves which will equal every ridiculous point of protest imaginable rolled into one. I'm sure there are people with "Don't taser kids or take away a womans right to choose" posters too. :dunno:

I think the protestors should be tazered, too. Now that would make for some entertaining video. About 15 officers tazering a bunch of people in the crowd. That is high quality entertainment there. For good measure, throw in a couple of military recruiters also engaging in the tazer orgy.

Everything I've read seems to indicate he was but I haven't seen that said directly.

That's what it seems like. I was wondering if he wasn't one and was trying to get away with not admitting it. Or if he was one and had had some sort of profiling problems with campus police previously.

The lawyer he's hired, Stephen Yagman, is a longtime activist lawyer who pursues cases against police departments. He's also been indicted himself for tax fraud.

I think these are some good points

1. The student was leaving. The cop insisted on putting his hands on him, to hold him and control him as he left. That was unnecessary. The student told the cop to take his hands off him. In anger, the cops used the Taser to enforce obedience. The cops involved need to be identified and fired.

2. Students who asked for the cops' names and badge numbers were threatened with the Taser also. Asking a question is not a violent threatening act. Again, those cops should be identified and fired.

Apparently, the student in question didn't just decline to show his ID, he told the cops to "(CENSORED) off."

Campus newspaper:

Beware of easy knee-jerk reactions
Police are here for our safety, so resist the urge to pass judgment until you know all the facts
By David Lazar
DAILY BRUIN COLUMNIST

In my opinion, he was asking for it.

When Mostafa Tabatabainejad refused to present his BruinCard in Powell Library when asked during a routine check by Community Service Officers, scoffing at them and police, it created an uproar, the fallout of which has graced airwaves and prompted headlines internationally.

Whether or not the police used excessive force, there is no doubt that the student showed a blatant disregard for UCLA's regulations and police authority.

Most people are only aware of the latter part of the incident – the police repeatedly using a Taser on a handcuffed student.

READ MORE
http://dailybruin.com/news/articles.asp?id=38986

I think the protestors should be tazered, too. Now that would make for some entertaining video. About 15 officers tazering a bunch of people in the crowd. That is high quality entertainment there. For good measure, throw in a couple of military recruiters also engaging in the tazer orgy.

Actually, I think it would be more entertaining if the UCLA students ordered the pigs to take of their clothes and tazzed all officers involved in the incident. For good measure, throw some water on them while they are being tazzed. They could call it a Pig Roast.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom