UCLA student tazed (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
This is unreal, non-threating citizen tazed (multiple times) for not showing school I.D. and on top of that the students protesting what was going on were threatned to be tazed also if they did not get back! This is what happens when you have undertrained and uneducated individuals providing law enforcement. This is truly sick and I honestly can say I am ashamed to call myself an american at this point. You would think these stupid pigs could have carried him to the squad care once he went limp instead of tazzing him again. Walk or get tazzed!

<BLINK>*ADMIN EDIT - BD...WARNING...GRAPHIC LANGUAGE*</BLINK>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JGlvEcPmug

Here is a clip of an interview with his lawyer. I so sick and tired of my tax dollars going towards defending crap like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhYCeO67fCs

Why were they asking for his school ID? Seems to me if the police come up and ask for ID (which they can do), you give it to them, especially if they tell you they are going to taze you if you don't.

It sounded like that guy was screaming at them before he was tazed (but I really couldn't tell from the video). I didn't watch the entire deal, but as for the other students...if the police are trying to arrest someone, the last thing you want to do is appear to be interfering with that arrest.

The "stupid pigs" comment wasn't necessary.

Regardless of what he may say, the cops tazing him like 8 times was mentally challenged. They tazed him like 3 times, and kept demanding he stand up. Then hit like 4-5 more times after that. The cops are supposed to be professional. They blew it.

Are you telling me 5 cops couldn't drag that kid out of there. Just plain mentally challenged.

rubber, it may be just me but arent you playing the victim card too many times. You dnt know the situation here, you were not their, and yes cops do make mistakes, It happens in every line of work, when they screw up, everyone jumps on their backs and calls them stupid pigs, well thats BS. I know plenty of good honest cops who work their arses off day in and day out doing patrol in pretty rough places in this world, they do some good things but when they screw up once, they are lashed out at and called profane names. You know I am not defending these guys per say but how can you in your professional opinion bash these guys and call them unprofessional when you dont know the situation and saw it in a you tube video screen.

You werent their and dont know how this thing came about. Try looking at all angles and not just a filtered one.

I think us citizens might need start arming our selves with tazers when we disagree with the police just zap"em first thing. I mean your going to get it anyway right?

Just joking, but really...........:scratch:

"Look at him twitch!"

"I know! Let's demand that he stand up, over and over and over and hit him again each time he tries!"

"Such lovely screams, god I love this job!"

That poor kid is going to hear the words "Stand up!" in his nightmares.

UC..(clap clap)... LA ..... (clap clap)..... UCLA FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!!

Regardless of what he may say, the cops tazing him like 8 times was mentally challenged. They tazed him like 3 times, and kept demanding he stand up. Then hit like 4-5 more times after that. The cops are supposed to be professional. They blew it.

Are you telling me 5 cops couldn't drag that kid out of there. Just plain mentally challenged.

I think part of the problem is that they (elected officials) have taken away traditional methods of subduing people (clubs, choke holds, etc.) and now police are stuck with just the tazer. I would like to see the police given more options to use other than "tazer" when dealing with someone that is being unruly.

Sure, tazing them over and over is overkill, but let's also give the police other methods they can use. Finally, the individual being tazed has some responsibility here. All they did was ask for his ID. If he gives it to them, none of this happens. If he doesn't flop to the floor initially, none of this happens. If he gets up as requested, several times, the additional tazering doesn't happen.

I think part of the problem is that they (elected officials) have taken away traditional methods of subduing people (clubs, choke holds, etc.) and now police are stuck with just the tazer. I would like to see the police given more options to use other than "tazer" when dealing with someone that is being unruly.

Laying on the ground limp is not unruly. After being tazed 3 times, one may just become incapcitated. One more point. These are campus cops...not real LAPD. Finally, I believe the kid was singled out cause he was iranian-american. Which is way he was screaming about the patriot act.

Once the first tazer shot is inflicted, I'm sorry...he ain't gettin' up. Every additional shot after the initial one is overkill and the cops are idiots or trained improperly in the effects of what a tazer shot does to an individual. I've been tazered (my own fault) and it felt like a Mack truck hit me. I bet the kid shows his ID next time instead of trying to be a martyr. The kid was acting like my freaking 2 year old and knowing how cops are, it's no surprise that they kept giving him the juice. Idiots abound in this clip and I have no sympathy for the kid or the cops. Everyone messed up in this one.

Last edited:
>>The "stupid pigs" comment wasn't necessary.

What does southland22 have to say about that? :shrug:

didn'twaTchthevideoPS

Laying on the ground limp is not unruly. After being tazed 3 times, one may just become incapcitated. One more point. These are campus cops...not real LAPD. Finally, I believe the kid was singled out cause he was iranian-american. Which is way he was screaming about the patriot act.

It is unruly if the police ask you to stand up. After being tazed three times, he is probably out of it and not capable of standing...agreed. Again, all of this could have been avoided if he would have just shown his ID.

I don't know why they were asking for his ID. If it was just because he was Iranian, then I have a problem with that. But we don't know. As for the student's screaming about the Patriot Act....that is just lame. As pointed out, these are campus police. I would have zapped him once or twice myself when he started screaming Patriot Act.

Now I watched it. Go taze the troublemaker in the Computer Geek lab. :shrug: What's with Los Angeles and authority figures anyway? I'm actually surprised they didn't threaten to beat up the two guys with the camera phones. I hope the UCLA students protest the hell out of this. What an ourtage and abuse of the Patriot Act (mandatory throw in of course).

:rock:

TPS

Why were they asking for his school ID? Seems to me if the police come up and ask for ID (which they can do), you give it to them, especially if they tell you they are going to taze you if you don't.

It sounded like that guy was screaming at them before he was tazed (but I really couldn't tell from the video). I didn't watch the entire deal, but as for the other students...if the police are trying to arrest someone, the last thing you want to do is appear to be interfering with that arrest.

The "stupid pigs" comment wasn't necessary.

These were UCLA campus police not LAPD. The video of the lawyer said two campus police came up to him while he was typing his paper on his laptop at the UCLA library. The student thought the UCLA pollice were racial profiling because they did not ask anyone else around him for their ID's only him. To me, that is irrelavant. I just find it absurd that they tazzed him like 5 times. The guy was limp and they are telling him to walk and then they tazzed him again! If you taze someone that many times you might throw their heart into a lethal arrythmia. It's really just sad.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom