UEFA Champions League (6 Viewers)

My Red Devils are just maddening.

I watched the Newcastle match. I thought we were in a lower gear entire match. I'm not sure why. I do like the Sanchez addition. His work rate is second to none. I just hope it didn't mess with the chemistry of finding who does what best.

Its just one week we are stellar and the next look like no one cares to be out there. (except DE Gea)

I do like our chance v Sevilla, but i say that with the caveat of which United shows up.

Agree on City. But I'd lean toward whomever emerges out of the two matches I mentioned. But when City are on, they are smothering teams.

Juve is another intriguing team. Defense defense with some counter.

And just 4 mo... Russia 2018. Should be fantastic next 6 months of footie.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I almost wonder if United got caught in basically a trap game on the road on Sunday night against a team in danger of going down, with Champions Leage pending on Wednesday. They got worked by Spurs last week too though.

They might be gassed for a bit - they’re still playing in all four competitions. I doesn’t seem like Lukaku is the best fit with the rest of the attack. And Pogba seems uninterested.

I like Jesse Lingard, he’s a cool kid. It think I’m going to easily get behind England in Russia if they can put some play t@gether. It looks like a decent squad on paper (Kane and Sterling up top is very appealing).

United are a shell of themselves right now. Pogba is pedestrian (which I didn't think was possible). Lukaku just can't get anyone to give him a decent cross or feed to do anything with. Lingard has been the best guy on the offensive side of the ball. DeGea is a brick wall like always. They should have known that Newcastle is fighting for their EPL survival and that United should have been on their toes attacking like crazy. Is there a coup going on or something?

Tottenham are a dangerous team. Son is playing like a man possessed which is freeing up Kane quite a bit. Unlike United where everything is fed to the CF (Lukaku), Tott can spread the ball better and not always have to rely on the CF especially like Leicester City with Vardy. Something though just doesn't seem to be clicking for them right now compared to last year.

Chelsea seem to be counting the days till the end of the season or Conte's firing. Hazard is just now putting together a string of decent games. Konte's name is barely mentioned anymore. David Luiz has been relegated to splinter catcher. Marcos Alonzo has provided some spark, but feeding who exactly? I'm glad Diego Costa is gone because as good as he is, he's not EPL material. Losing him has made a major impact.

Arsenal will not be celebrating St Tottenham's Day this year.....again. They just have no bite whatsoever. Aubameyang is providing a nice spark for sure. What pace that we haven't seen from Arsenal in some time sans Sanchez. If Ozil and Aubameyang can get on the same page, they could be dangerous, but it's too late for this season to make any serious push.

Liverpool are a puzzling team. Domination one week and dominated the next So inconsistent but a team to feared for sure. I put them in the same mold as City because of their pace and their front 3 at least. Once they ditch that joke of a CM and Captain Henderson, they could really take off. Mane and Winaldum haven't been as good as I expected but are still a fit for this team. That back four has been a sieve and giving up stupid goal after stupid goal especially late in the game. Then there are the goalies......... if you want to call them that. Once Liverpool find consistency, they will be a force. While Fermino is a really good player, Salah is a man possessed.

Do I need to even elaborate on City? It's been a pleasure to watch. I used to work with a Bayern Munich fan and she hated Pep's style and was so glad when he left. Bayern haven't skipped much of a beat, but then again, BL is a league of 4 teams. DeBruyne should contend for Ballon D'or but I'm sure won't get a mention. Aguero, my favorite player since his Atletico days is a baaaaad man. Too many players to highlight, but I need to mention Ederson. Not exactly a brick wall, but excellent with his feet and passing decisions.

I didn't overlook Monaco last year, and I won't overlook Basel this year.

Great game between Juve and Spurs.

2-0 in first 10 min... Higuain misses a PK in the 45th to make it 3-1 and you just knew they were going to net the equalizer.

And they did. 2 road goals. Big.

Meanwhile City being City.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Ronaldo with about as lucky of a goal as you'll see to put RM ahead 2-1 at 83'.

Chelsea and Barca 1-1 at 80'. Chelsea have actually been playing well lately (last two weeks).

Wow, Spurs just came as close as you possibly can to getting the equalizer at 90' - the Kane header hit the goal line and bounced along the line without going in, before the Juve defender cleared it.

Juve advance. City also advance today despite losing 2-1. Yesterday, RM and Liverpool advanced.

That was the worst City performance of the year. Granted they subbed 9 of 11 for this game. A lot of youngins got the start and all in game subs were youngins too.

The Juve game was great. As possible next opponent, not sure I want to see Juve though. Kane was certainly offsides but there is no VAR in CL, so if he scored, it would have counted. I think I am sympathetically hating on Tottenham cause a guy at work is a life long Arsenal supporter.

Watch Barca win next week and City draws Barca cause I don't see that crappy Chelsea team doing diddily against them. Here it comes.

That was the worst City performance of the year. Granted they subbed 9 of 11 for this game. A lot of youngins got the start and all in game subs were youngins too.

The Juve game was great. As possible next opponent, not sure I want to see Juve though. Kane was certainly offsides but there is no VAR in CL, so if he scored, it would have counted. I think I am sympathetically hating on Tottenham cause a guy at work is a life long Arsenal supporter.

Watch Barca win next week and City draws Barca cause I don't see that crappy Chelsea team doing diddily against them. Here it comes.

Chelsea are barely holding it together. They could possibly put a game in against Barca but I doubt it.

The quarter-finals are going to be fantastic. Bayern will join next week, along with Barcelona (likely) and I think United will advance. Apart from the Roma/Shakhtar winner, Liverpool looks to be the weakest draw - but they're playing well (Salah is on fire) and will be a tough out for just about anyone, I suspect.

Chelsea are barely holding it together. They could possibly put a game in against Barca but I doubt it.

The quarter-finals are going to be fantastic. Bayern will join next week, along with Barcelona (likely) and I think United will advance. Apart from the Roma/Shakhtar winner, Liverpool looks to be the weakest draw - but they're playing well (Salah is on fire) and will be a tough out for just about anyone, I suspect.

The draw is going to be interesting. Reds have a chance if Karius plays well and they keep Henderson on the bench.

Nobody really wants to play Liverpool right now. Incomprehensible as it seems, I am wondering if shipping off Coutinho was addition by subtraction, especially at that price and affording the on-boarding of van Dijk.

Also, Karius is nobody's idea of a world-class goalie, but they've kept a clean sheet four of the last five games. And not only is Salah on fire, but Sadio Mane as well. Can't wait for the draw, but first Old Trafford. If there's one head Mourinho can't get into, it's Klopp's.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom