UEFA Champions League (6 Viewers)

On a related note, I had to switch to the Univisión stream - never trust a Gachupín stream -. I always get a kick listening to Hristo Stoichkov speaking in Spanish :hihi:

I think the FK took a deflection off Gomez. Overall I think 3-0 is flattering to Barca but they took our chances and we didn't. That's the way the game works. We can beat them at Anfield, I think we will even, I just don't know if it'll be by 4 clear goals.

Having said that, Roma pulled it off last year so who's to say.

That was tough not just because of the 3-0 but because of the wasted opportunity in front of goal. It easily could have been 3-2. The lack of away goals will make it really tough especially if Liverpool cant keep a clean sheet at Anfield. Messi is unbelievable. Liverpool needs to buy an attacking midfielder.

That was tough not just because of the 3-0 but because of the wasted opportunity in front of goal. It easily could have been 3-2. The lack of away goals will make it really tough especially if Liverpool cant keep a clean sheet at Anfield. Messi is unbelievable. Liverpool needs to buy an attacking midfielder.

To borrow a phrase from our far more colorful announcers across the pond, it's going to take "quite a bit of magic" for Liverpool to make the final.

I agree Liverpool had some big chances they missed. Salah and Mane were very dangerous in the first half, they just couldn't quite get the shots off. The Milner chance in the second was as good as it gets and he didn't really work ter Stegen that hard. You have to make quality finishes this late in the tournament.

Messi turned up for about 10 minutes of the game, and he punched Fab in the face prior to diving and getting that free kick which was admittedly quite amazing but I think was also taken about 3-5 yards further forward than the "foul" was given.

I wouldn't mind us buying an attacking midfielder but I think cover/competition for Firmino is far more important and if we ship off Origi and Sturridge we really should be in the market for a wide player as well. Also cover/competition for the fullbacks because Gomez isn't a right back and TAA and Robertson aren't actually robots so will eventually need rest.

Messi turned up for about 10 minutes of the game, and he punched Fab in the face prior to diving and getting that free kick which was admittedly quite amazing but I think was also taken about 3-5 yards further forward than the "foul" was given.

I wouldn't mind us buying an attacking midfielder but I think cover/competition for Firmino is far more important and if we ship off Origi and Sturridge we really should be in the market for a wide player as well. Also cover/competition for the fullbacks because Gomez isn't a right back and TAA and Robertson aren't actually robots so will eventually need rest.
I would have loved to have a healthy Firmino in this match. It hurt when Naby got a knock and I saw Henderson coming in. Not having TAA's pin point crosses hurt as well. As much as I love Milner he didn't have a great match. Klopp has already said they weren't going to have any big summer purchases but hopefully that was a smoke screen and they bring in some talent. ManC is deep and we need that as well. I wish we could have gotten Fekir last summer. Maybe Brewster can get some first team time next season.

That makes a tough situation into an almost impossible situation. I was watching the New Castle game and Salah was out cold for a short period. The way his hid whipped back I knew it was bad

I didn't watch the game, I just watched the highlights. When Salah fell, his body language was that of knocked out fighter. That was serious collision.

Keeper clubbed him in the head with his hip (not on purpose obviously) but it was really a solid blow to the side of his head.

Meanwhile I am at work trying to concentrate while following MNC-Leicester on the ESPN Commentary feed, which is just horrifying. From what I can tell, Leicester was playing them even for about 25 minutes and then City just unleashed hell and Leicester somehow survived. Never have I wished more for a successful Vardy counter-attack....

Unfortunate about Sallah... was hoping they'd at least put up a good effort today but it's not looking good with him and Formino out.

Can't wait for the game tomorrow. I think Tottenham will respond well with Son back and rested, and Ajax will regret not finishing on all those opportunities in the first game.

Unfortunate about Sallah... was hoping they'd at least put up a good effort today but it's not looking good with him and Formino out.

Can't wait for the game tomorrow. I think Tottenham will respond well with Son back and rested, and Ajax will regret not finishing on all those opportunities in the first game.

I'm considering moving a call I have this afternoon and taking some work with me to the soccer pub but I'm not even sure it's worth it. I think Barca wins outright today, perhaps even by a pair of goals and advances easily. Tomorrow should be intense - I hope, we need some real drama to offset this other matchup.

I'm considering moving a call I have this afternoon and taking some work with me to the soccer pub but I'm not even sure it's worth it. I think Barca wins outright today, perhaps even by a pair of goals and advances easily. Tomorrow should be intense - I hope, we need some real drama to offset this other matchup.
I think it's over as well. To be absolute it will take just one goal from Barca

extra rest from Sat ;)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom