UEFA Champions League (3 Viewers)

I believe the first leg will be at Anfield and the crowd will be crazed. Hopefully we can keep a clean sheet and score. It’s a tough draw the Italians play a physical very good defense. They have also practiced against Salah for the two previous years. I am thinking that Firmino will be the surprise. I am impressed with the back look be with VVD barking out the orders and many analyst said Lovren May have been the MoM for the away Manchester City match. Bayern of all the teams have already clinched league cup titles so they can rest the top players if they choose. Liverpool however have to win at least two more matches to guarantee Champions League football next year. There depth will be tested in the next month.

Heard it on the radio that at half time of the away City leg Lovren was very vocal in the locker room sparing no ones feelings about Liverpool's performance so far. Maybe having VVD as your partner has turned him from goat to hero. As said previously he is considered MOTM for that match.

On the surface it's the best draw LFC could've hoped for but I wanted Roma in the final for a 1984 rematch. Should be a fantastic tie though nonetheless, and I might still get my original wish (when I thought Roma were going out) of Bayern in the final providing we both get there.

First leg is at Anfield again, makes keeping a clean sheet priority number 1a and scoring priority 1b. I haven't seen a whole lot of Roma but if they're like a traditional Italian side I can see the first leg in particular being a cagey affair. Hopefully Salah is up for it against his old club.

watching MC completely curb stomp Swansea - but I have to say i always feel bad for those teams with super awkward post-goal celebrations
an MC player will score a goal and they'll all run to the corner, but then stand around like Freshmen at the back-to-school dance
give the man a real hug, jump on his back, pop your jersey or something
anything is better than "hey remember that goal you just scored...*gulp*...yeah, that was great"

this was a closer thread than the latest BPL, so...yeah

The reason their celebrations were subdues IMO were because Swansea asked and were granted the honor to present the Shield of Honor to City. Not only that, but they've already won the league and are just playing to play. It would be a bit disrespectful if City were to go ape **** after each of their goals after all that.

The reason their celebrations were subdues IMO were because Swansea asked and were granted the honor to present the Shield of Honor to City. Not only that, but they've already won the league and are just playing to play. It would be a bit disrespectful if City were to go ape **** after each of their goals after all that.

sure. but i didn't mean just in this match - it's something i've noticed on occasion
some teams score and everyone goes nuts together - other teams act like the ex-girlfriend meeting the new fiance

Does Champions League have a mercy rule?
Nope.

Just watching the replay.

Game would have been different for not the finger of the Liverpool keeper.

However, Mo Salah.... What a game. What an addition. Ex Roma player decimates old team.

I hadn't seen Liverpool this dominant in UEFA since the year under the Spaniard and pulled off the treble.

Wow. Now 4 with 30 min left... Sheesh.

They do need a mercy rule... Salah now with 2 goals and 2 assists.

My word.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

As much as I did not like those away goals....I am pretty sure we'll be ready to go to Rome. One more hill to climb to see Kiev.

YNWA That was great...handle business in Rome and get to the finals. I am interested in the game today. Not sure who has the upper hand in this one.

YNWA That was great...handle business in Rome and get to the finals. I am interested in the game today. Not sure who has the upper hand in this one.

Someone said in Sirius FC this morning that Salah's performance yesterday actually gives Real the edge today because Ronaldo doesn't like not being the star player in the discussion. Probably some truth to that.

As much as I did not like those away goals....I am pretty sure we'll be ready to go to Rome. One more hill to climb to see Kiev.

what away goals?????

( keep in mind i turned off after Firmino header in like 73rd min making it 5-0 )

didnt like to see sad Italians.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom