UEFA Champions League (5 Viewers)

My god. What a performance. The rest of the world can minimize and dismiss Anfield all it wants....and we don't care.

Two things were at play tonight:

Liverpool were probably gutted by Kompany's late goal yesterday, giving them increased desperation

Liverpool missing Salah and Firmino probably both played in the heads of Barca, as well as what Bill Simmons calls "the Ewing Factor," sometimes when a team is missing a great player, everybody rallies (a cousin of the "we're being disrespected" card) affecting the remaining LFC players....I mean, Origi scoring two goals off the bench? Allison with those saves? C'mon, man.

Incredible. This is up there with Istanbul....as long as they win the next one.

Liverpool were probably gutted by Kompany's late goal yesterday, giving them increased desperation

Liverpool missing Salah and Firmino probably both played in the heads of Barca, as well as what Bill Simmons calls "the Ewing Factor," sometimes when a team is missing a great player, everybody rallies (a cousin of the "we're being disrespected" card) affecting the remaining LFC players....I mean, Origi scoring two goals off the bench? Allison with those saves? C'mon, man.

Alisson is a beast regardless. He gets a bad wrap about being dodgy on the ball from some supporters and I would say at times he doesn't guard his near post as much as he should but I think both of those are over-confidence issues.

I agree with everything else though. Origi deserves a new contract if he wants one, perfect squad player. Hell even Studge probably had the most hustle I've seen out of him for 2 years in his 5 minute cameo. Trent giving Klopp a reason to never pick another right back ahead of him again as well.

Istanbul was different and greater for they faced a Milan side that was there to win it all. Then 3 goals in like 10 min spell... Was like a prize fighter getting stunned by a left hook. I still remember watching that match and thinking omg Steven Gerard is gonna be great (and cuase us fits in EPL).

I really think this match was more on a disengaged Barca side. By the time they woke it was the 75th min and they couldn't get it right. I don't recall watching a Barca match where every single player looked like he was checked out. You can count on one hand the amount of times Barca gets dispossessed in midfield in a Game. They were dispossessed 5 times in the final 15 min.

The go ahead goal... Not a single Barca player was paying any attention... 7 guys in the box and not a single one had a clue. That said it all for me then. Checked out.

I take nothing away from Liverpool because it's Barca, but this was more about Barca being checked out.ive never witnessed that from them in many years.

And I couldn't be happier... Because I loathe that team.

And good for the Liverpool players who made them pay for their laziness. Love it.

Istanbul was different and greater for they faced a Milan side that was there to win it all. Then 3 goals in like 10 min spell... Was like a prize fighter getting stunned by a left hook. I still remember watching that match and thinking omg Steven Gerard is gonna be great (and cuase us fits in EPL).

I really think this match was more on a disengaged Barca side. By the time they woke it was the 75th min and they couldn't get it right. I don't recall watching a Barca match where every single player looked like he was checked out. You can count on one hand the amount of times Barca gets dispossessed in midfield in a Game. They were dispossessed 5 times in the final 15 min.

The go ahead goal... Not a single Barca player was paying any attention... 7 guys in the box and not a single one had a clue. That said it all for me then. Checked out.

I take nothing away from Liverpool because it's Barca, but this was more about Barca being checked out.ive never witnessed that from them in many years.

And I couldn't be happier... Because I loathe that team.

And good for the Liverpool players who made them pay for their laziness. Love it.

Fair enough but for me we did that to them. Once that first goal went in the doubt crept in and barring some breakaways in the first half and about 10 minutes in the second they really didn't look like getting it together. I was bricking it at 85 but had this real calming feel when it hit 90 and the 5 minutes came up. 5 minutes from glory and I just knew the Redmen had that in them.

To use your boxing analogy they looked like a fighter who thought it was all in the bag heading into the final rounds and got caught with a few then realized the crowd can't stand him.

I don't think Barca was disengaged, but sometimes when you come in with confidence it can creep into over-confidence, and once doubt creeps in.....

Still, Barca had plenty of possession and plenty of decent shots. Once it was 3-2, though, they just fell apart. I don't care how great people think Messi is, you can't keep giving away games in the Champions League like this without it sticking.

I thought Messi was the only one that turned up for them today myself.

Yea that's fair, I forgot about him but he did his part. They were let down by everyone else on the pitch, Coutinho in particular had a nightmare of a game. Suarez I think was put off by the crowd.

Yea that's fair, I forgot about him but he did his part. They were let down by everyone else on the pitch, Coutinho in particular had a nightmare of a game. Suarez I think was put off by the crowd.

And van Dijk. Virgil was working Saurez all game. It’s rare that Suarez is the less physical player but he was today.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom