UEFA Champions League (4 Viewers)

curb-your-enthusiasm-20070813041706454-000.jpg

Fair enough but for me we did that to them. Once that first goal went in the doubt crept in and barring some breakaways in the first half and about 10 minutes in the second they really didn't look like getting it together. I was bricking it at 85 but had this real calming feel when it hit 90 and the 5 minutes came up. 5 minutes from glory and I just knew the Redmen had that in them.

To use your boxing analogy they looked like a fighter who thought it was all in the bag heading into the final rounds and got caught with a few then realized the crowd can't stand him.
Correct

It drives me mad when a team goes 80% thinking they just have to knock it around and walk away vicotrious. Shoot Manchester United did a few weeks back (league play) only to relenquish 2 goals and drop 2 pts. Teams do it and once you lose momentum, that's it. It's almost impossible to wrestle back especially on the road.
But to watch Barca do it AND pay for it, makes me smile. Cocky bastages. Lol

They had a spell of 3 min in stoppage time with the ball in Liverpool 1/3. Alba went down the wing to cross, no chance... So l he pulls it back back passes to Arthur who looks up and sees Couthino, Messi and Suarez ALL in offsides position. Passes back to Alba who looks up and they STILL offsides because they are literally barely walking back to get even with Liverpool back line. I was like Holy crap no one cares. Lol

Theyb

Last edited:
Barcelona apparently didn't learn from the Roma's debacle 2 years ago (lost 0-3 at Roma after 4-1 win at home). I blame it on the coach who simply didn't prepare his players. Deja Vu. He needs to go.

TAA is only 20 years old. That corner between him and Origi was pure focus and recognizing Barca was sleeping. I guess I am hoping its Ajax in Madrid

Me too. I don’t dislike Spurs but I think UCL finals with two sides from the same domestic league are lame.

Me too. I don’t dislike Spurs but I think UCL finals with two sides from the same domestic league are lame.
Either way it's going to be a different mindset for Liverpool. Last year against Real Madrid they were the underdog, this year against Barca the underdog with a huge mountain to climb, the final this year in Madrid the clear cut favorite. It will be something nice to see klopp motivate as favorites. YNWA

Either way it's going to be a different mindset for Liverpool. Last year against Real Madrid they were the underdog, this year against Barca the underdog with a huge mountain to climb, the final this year in Madrid the clear cut favorite. It will be something nice to see klopp motivate as favorites. YNWA

Yep, though at this point in the tournament, I don't think there is such thing as a favorite. Getting to the final means the side has won three knockout stage ties on aggregate - against top flight competition. If it's Ajax, that will mean that they successfully knocked out Real Madrid, Juventus, and Spurs . . . that's impressive. That doesn't happen on weakness. Apart from the bookies, would anyone say Ajax should be the underdog on that kind of run? Though it is a neutral site in a single game, so I guess it's slightly different.

Yep, though at this point in the tournament, I don't think there is such thing as a favorite. Getting to the final means the side has won three knockout stage ties on aggregate - against top flight competition. If it's Ajax, that will mean that they successfully knocked out Real Madrid, Juventus, and Spurs . . . that's impressive. That doesn't happen on weakness. Apart from the bookies, would anyone say Ajax should be the underdog on that kind of run? Though it is a neutral site in a single game, so I guess it's slightly different.
Yeah Ajax has had a great run and beaten some of the best sides in Europe. I am referring more to the coaches motivation for there players. I know Spurs or Ajax manager will build up fire with the underdog they say we couldn't get this far speech. You are correct that both teams have made it through tough stages in CL but all the talking heads will name Liverpool favorites and sometimes that can be a mental challenge. Klopp is an awesome motivator so it will be interesting to see it all happen in Madrid. Liverpool deserve a trophy YNWA

Yeah Ajax has had a great run and beaten some of the best sides in Europe. I am referring more to the coaches motivation for there players. I know Spurs or Ajax manager will build up fire with the underdog they say we couldn't get this far speech. You are correct that both teams have made it through tough stages in CL but all the talking heads will name Liverpool favorites and sometimes that can be a mental challenge.

Yep, true indeed.

Now gonna take at least three from Spurs as Ajax continue to just outplay everyone they face.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom