UF and LSU Nov 19- IN TIGER STADIUM (1 Viewer)

I am neither a Florida nor LSU fan, but I cannot understand why Florida is mad. There is a pretty easy set of precedents for this stuff - either you push the game off by a day or two to see exactly what the weather will do and play it in the same stadium (LSU-UT model), or you play at the away team's stadium (LSU-ASU and LSU-USC model). That's it. It's not that hard.

From what I can tell, LSU said all week ahead of the storm - "hey, what's plan B? We can play Sunday or Monday in Gainesville or Baton Rouge. What's it going to be?"

Florida: "No thanks, we're good."

Florida could have kept LSU as a home game and played it either 1 or days later. So dumb.

The level of vitriol spewing from the Florida fans is amazing. They are unified in their belief that THEY are getting screwed and LSU is $@#%# for insisting that we not lose a home game.

They actually believe that LSU is in the wrong for making UF "lose" a home game (which they get back next year), and they think instead that LSU should play at UF on November 19 (losing a home game, which is exactly what they are mad about losing themselves). Their version of fair is that LSU loses a home game and not them.

Oh wait, I forgot that I shouldn't expect logic. Because Florida.

The level of vitriol spewing from the Florida fans is amazing. They are unified in their belief that THEY are getting screwed and LSU is $@#%# for insisting that we not lose a home game.

They actually believe that LSU is in the wrong for making UF "lose" a home game (which they get back next year), and they think instead that LSU should play at UF on November 19 (losing a home game, which is exactly what they are mad about losing themselves). Their version of fair is that LSU loses a home game and not them.

Oh wait, I forgot that I shouldn't expect logic. Because Florida.

Foley tried @!#$#$#$ us one last time before he retired.

Backfired on his condescending self. He was a !@#@# sucker of the highest order. And now i know why those UF teams were just so repulsive to me. It started at top down.

Column: More shots fired by Sankey at LSU

Column: More shots fired by Sankey at LSU
"I’ve been concerned since Monday when lines were drawn in the sand,” Sankey told reporters.

Does he mean when Foley drew the first line in the sand and said the game would be played only in Gainesville or when Alleva drew the line in the sand and told both Sankey and Foley to get bent?

"I’ve been concerned since Monday when lines were drawn in the sand,” Sankey told reporters.

Does he mean when Foley drew the first line in the sand and said the game would be played only in Gainesville or when Alleva drew the line in the sand and told both Sankey and Foley to get bent?

Lol, Florida's position was completely unreasonable and entirely avoidable. Had they gotten their ducks in a row, the game could easily have been played on Sunday or Monday, just like LSU was willing to do, yet, Foley only wanted to play Saturday at noon, presumably, because he know this would be the outcome. Foley ain't stupid. He was wrong, but only wrong in the sense that he made the wrong decision to not play the game, but he knew if they stalled, they could avoid playing this week, and in all reality get a bye when they desperately needed it.

This whole scenario was entirely on UF. Sankey basically let Foley walk all over him, and he apparently liked it cuz now he's commending Florida for getting this sorted out, as if. Sankey is now claiming the SEC will play a larger role in the future in scenarios like this to avoid the shenanigans the schools involved played. Actually for one school. The whole Vitter thing was a cluster..... He should have minded his own business instead of making everyone in Tiger country look bad.

So the Advocate posted an article that gives credit to Herb Vincent as the man responsible for the motivation to the compromise. He pointed out to Sankey a couple SEC bylaws and a suggested interpretation that if the two teams don't play the 8 league games, they won't qualify for the SEC Championship game.

At that point, the game obviously gets played. Alleva dug in his heels for the home game this year if LSU was going to be forced to swap the "light workout" before the TAMU game for a 3rd SEC game in 12 days. It was important to at least make it a home game. I wouldn't apologize for **** if I was Alleva. LSU did everything possible to accommodate UF while Foley was content to let the weather make the decision and Sankey was co tent to let him. Looking for some kind of motivation on LSUs part points to just how clueless these two dummies really are at decision-making.

I'd be happier if they moved the TAMU game to Saturday as well.

So the Advocate posted an article that gives credit to Herb Vincent as the man responsible for the motivation to the compromise. He pointed out to Sankey a couple SEC bylaws and a suggested interpretation that if the two teams don't play the 8 league games, they won't qualify for the SEC Championship game.

At that point, the game obviously gets played. Alleva dug in his heels for the home game this year if LSU was going to be forced to swap the "light workout" before the TAMU game for a 3rd SEC game in 12 days. It was important to at least make it a home game. I wouldn't apologize for **** if I was Alleva. LSU did everything possible to accommodate UF while Foley was content to let the weather make the decision and Sankey was co tent to let him. Looking for some kind of motivation on LSUs part points to just how clueless these two dummies really are at decision-making.

I'd be happier if they moved the TAMU game to Saturday as well.

Lol, imagine the uproar if they didn't play the game and UF got disqualified for the SEC title game. I would have enjoyed that.

14724542_1441641555864994_8844276463136755465_n.jpg

pahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

oops!

When you start talking about one team being scared to play another team, you better win the game...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom