UFC 114: Rampage v Evans (Saturday, May 29) (1 Viewer)

stunpals

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Let’s just jump right in…

Prelims
Jesse Forbes vs. Ryan Jensen
Forbes has racked up a few decent wins since his stint on TUF. I still think he favors his wrestling but not quite as one dimensional. Jensen is, well, I don’t remember him.

Joe Brammer vs. Aaron Riley
Smart money is on Riley but I see Brammer taking it to the ground and roughing him up. Actually, I don’t see it because the chances of this fight making it to the PPV card are slim (hoping to reverse jinx it).

Luiz Cane vs. Cyrille Diabate
(in my best Jim Lampley voice) Bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang… BANG, BANG! Maybe the last Cane fight took something out of him.

Melvin Guillard vs. Waylon Lowe
Who Dat!

Free on Spike
Efrain Escudero -400 vs. Dan Lauzon +300
As Peet mentioned, trouble in Lauzon land. Escudero looking to bounce back from his destruction at the hands of Evan Duhnam. He should dominate.

Dong Hyun Kim +110 vs. Amir Sadollah -140
Shouldn’t this fight be on the main card? Well, this is the UFCs way to pump up a former TUF guy and show him off. I’ll be pulling for Dong :hihi:

Main Card
John Hathaway +190 vs. Diego Sanchez -240
Will Diego come out swinging like a Berserker :shrug:
Very curious to see his game plan after BJ Penn dismantled him. On top of that, how does Sanchez feel after watching a smart game play (Edgar) beat Penn :shrug:
Hathaway hails from England which means his wrestling probably isn’t on the level. (stereo-typing) Sanchez by dirty.

Jason Brilz vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira
Whatever. This card really took a hit with Forrest pulling out. Lil’ Nog by whatever he wants.

Todd Duffee vs. Mike Russow
Duff man by superior strength and athleticism.

Michael Bisping vs. Dan Miller
Help me out here. Is this the lamest excuse for a “co-main event” the UFC and thrown at us in a while? I know Griffin pulling out is the reason but still, this is fairly weak right?

Rashad Evans -115 vs. Quinton "Rampage" Jackson -115
I don’t even know what to say. Honestly. I hope you heard the UFC 114 conference call with these two screaming at each other. Which fighter can keep their cool? I really like both of these fighters a lot.

Is Rampage in shape? Will Rashad stand and trade? Can Rashad take Rampage down? Will a punch be thrown at the weigh-in? Should Rampage show up sporting a Mohawk? Will the A-Team bomb at the theaters? Will Rashad tweak his nipples? Is Rampage in shape?

And that’s what it comes down too. Will Rampage be able to bring it for three rounds? I don’t know. I guess there is a reason this fight is currently a pick’em in Vegas. If you pick Rampage in this fight, you are pulling for an exchange between the two and a big hook dropping Evans. If you pick Evans, you’re hoping for a technical game plan like Evans v Thiago Silva.

I may feel like an idiot 2 minutes in and Rampage is gasping for air on his back, but Rampage by KO.

If you missed it, here is the conference call I was referring too. Language.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/ca...ence-erupts-into-Rampage-Evans?urn=mma,241884

I didn't know Melvin was on the card. Hopefully he'll add another victory to the comeback.

I'm going to play this one because

1) I have no idea about most of these guys anymore, so blind luck...
2) I have been getting smoked at the craps table, so Blind Luck>Bad Odds
3) I am going to be a new Dad on the 29, so in honor of him...

Prelims
Jesse Forbes vs. Ryan Jensen

Joe Brammer vs. Aaron Riley

Luiz Cane vs. Cyrille Diabate

Melvin Guillard vs. Waylon Lowe

Efrain Escudero vs. Dan Lauzon

Dong Hyun Kim vs. Amir Sadollah

Main Card
John Hathaway vs. Diego Sanchez

Jason Brilz vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira

Todd Duffee vs. Mike Russow
Duff man by superior strength and athleticism.

Michael Bisping vs. Dan Miller

Rashad Evans vs. Quinton "Rampage" Jackson

Last edited:
Efrain
Amir
Diego
Lil nog
Duffee
Miller
Rampage by burtal ko in the 1st....aahooohhhhhh

1. Efrain
2. Amir
3. Diego
4. Little Nog
5. Duffee
6. Miller
7. Rashad. I hope he puts Rampage on his azz quickly. Despite what you see on TV, dude is really a classy guy.

Nice to see Rugger back posting, no matter the reason :hihi: and congrats!

Guys, I'm going on vacation for two weeks starting next Sunday. I'll be getting back just in time for UFC 115 Franklin v Liddell (June 12)

Someone else will have to start that thread up. FYI...

I hope this thread ends up with at least half the smack talk that Rashad and Rampage bring to the table :9:

I hope this thread ends up with at least half the smack talk that Rashad and Rampage bring to the table :9:

I can bring the Rashad side. No doubt that Yeti will bring the Rampage side.

z0mg PRIDE!!!11!!1eleven

And I just wanna say, don't take anything I say in the oncoming pages to heart. I'm liable to be pretty fired up for this fight.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom