UFC 116: Lesnar vs. Carwin (Sat. July 3rd) - Pick 'Em Contest Event (1 Viewer)

The undercard should have a couple I'm curious about...

Grove vs Reljic
Tuchscherer vs Schaub

The Main Card
1. Sortiropoulos..wins by decision, better on the mat.
2. Soszynski......would like to see Bonnar win, but just can't see it.
3. Brown...........Brown wins TKO with striking.
4. Leben...........Leben keeps getting better, he's made me a believer.
5. Lesner..........The Monster returns, gets on top and batters Carwin and ko's Carwin 2nd round.

Lesner needs to win early or lack of stamina could be a problem. Glad to see him return.

That's what I thought. I believed they both wore 4XL gloves, though I could be mistaken. I assumed it was perception, but it still looked like Carwin had bigger hands. You're probably right though. Not that it matters either way.

Carwin is a 5xl and Lesnar is a 4xl.

That' pic is PS'd but hilariously done I might say.

I heard somewhere that Lesnar wore a 3XL and Carwin was a 5XL but according to this i just found, Carwin wears a 5XL in training and a 4XL with slits cut in the sides during fights.. And Carwin himself claims to be 6'2".

http://www.shane-carwin.com/forum/topics/shane-are-you-really-6-3

*** CONSPIRACY THEORY ***

Lesnar wasn't really sick all that time.. He was learning BJJ.. He comes out, pulls guard and subs Carwin with a gogoplata..

:hihi: :rock:

*** CONSPIRACY THEORY ***

Lesnar wasn't really sick all that time.. He was learning BJJ.. He comes out, pulls guard and subs Carwin with a gogoplata..

Lol. Awesome.

Still waiting on gam to appear. :shrug:

man's thread has scared her off.

In fact, correct me if I'm wrong but the only female SR'er we've had grace our MMA presence was the chick who wanted to be the SR cougar and name dropped Jeff Curran.

*** conspiracy theory ***

lesnar wasn't really sick all that time.. He was learning bjj.. He comes out and lands a flying gogoplata.

ftfy. :D

Does anyone have the video of Lesnar coming in to the octagon after the Carwin/Mir fight to talk to Rogan and Carwin?

we'll never know the truth of what glove size carwin really wears. according to the ufc he's 6'5 with 12 wins all knockouts in the first round. :hihi:

seriously they are airing that commercial on espn.

Well I take back my previous response...because I just saw the "all knockouts" commercial. So nevermind.

Well I take back my previous response...because I just saw the "all knockouts" commercial. So nevermind.

lol i was about to come here and post that but I see that you already have. :smilielol:

PRELIMINARY CARD (Un-aired)
Jon Madsen vs. Karlos Vemola
Why not?.

Forrest Petz vs. Daniel Roberts
Double why not?

Dave Branch vs. Gerald Harris
For stun.

Kendall Grove vs. Goran Reljic
What's the deal with not being on Spike here stun? What did Grove say?

PRELIMINARY CARD (Spike TV)
Seth Petruzelli vs. Ricardo Romero
Sure. Kimbo-slayer, triple why not?

Brendan Schaub vs. Chris Tuchscherer
Schaub showed previously that a big HW can outclass him. T's the better fighter. He'll win.

MAIN CARD
Kurt Pellegrino vs. George Sotiropoulos
The Wizard of Oz eventually gets on top and induces Pellegrino to roll over for the easy rear naked choke.

Stephan Bonnar vs. Krzysztof Soszynski[
Bonnar will always have place within Zuffa, but he's outclassed here.

Matt Brown vs. Chris Lytle
Lytle will undoubtedly leave himself exposed on numerous occasions during this fight, and will take some big shots. But he's better on his feet than Brown, and has beat Brown before 3 years ago via submission. If he's smart, he'll bang and then submit Brown early. If he's dumb, he'll bang and win via decision.

Yoshihiro Akiyama vs. Chris Leben
I'm a sucker for Chris Leben. The guy gives it his all in the Octagon, winning or losing, and while his record has decreased in the UFC, I think his overall game has improved. That said, there isn't anything he does better than Akiyama except power punches, and taking punches. I suspect he will be taking plenty of crisp shots, and if Akiyama decides to take Leben down could actually get the decision. Plus coming off just 2 weeks of rest, isn't good. Sure, it means he is in shape...but it's still trying on his body. Eventually he is bound to wear down about mid-2nd round and either manage to hang on for the decision, or succumb to a choke.

Champ Brock Lesnar vs. interim champ Shane Carwin
Well, there's no doubt Lesnar is a physical freak, but to me (and maybe this is just me pulling for a fellow engineer in Carwin), Carwin has the advantage here. 1) We don't know how the illness truly affected Lesnar. 2) We don't know how the layoff in general will affect Lesnar. 3) Carwin has shown tremendous power over and over.

I just see Carwin managing to avoid a takedown, keep it standing, and hurt Brock. We've yet to truly see Brock's chin, but he was briefly hurt by a knee from Mir. I just think eventually Carwin catches him. The danger for Carwin is Lesnar is so fast that if he goes for a big shot, Lesnar can get under it and inside instantly and get Carwin down. But I think Carwin will have a gameplan in place, and eventually notch the upset TKO.

reaction to sherdog's p4p ranking...warning extreme language...but awesome analysis on these bogus rankings...

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZZi-xewCk5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZZi-xewCk5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Petruzelli

Tuchscherer

Sotiropoulos

Soszynski:

Brown:

Akiyama

Lesnar

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom