UFC 124: St. Pierre v Koscheck II (Saturday, Dec. 11 – PPV) (1 Viewer)

stunpals

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Venue: Bell Centre

If this card draws a big buy rate, then we can thank GSP and Kos (and TUF). Interesting fights but no others to write home about… so to speak.

prelims
Pat Audinwood v John Makdessi
Ricardo Almedia v TJ Grant
Joe Doerksen v Dan Miller
Sean Pierson v Matthew Riddle
Jesse Bongfeldt v Rafeal Natal
Mark Bocek v Dustin Hazelett

Main Card
Thiago Alves -290 v John Howard +240
I thought after Alves missed weight last time he couldn’t fight at 170 in the UFC again. Or maybe I made that up in my head. Either way, someone is(should) get knocked out here. Howard has one-punch KO power but maybe Alves can open up with his kicks.

Mac Danzig +250 v Joe Stevenson -300
Joe Daddy should be able to muscle Danzig around the cage.

Jim Miller +110 v Charles Oliveira -140
I know Oliveira looked impressive last time out, but isn’t Miller the more experienced fighter? Every time I pick against Miller, I feel like a fool 2 minutes into the fight when he’s riding the other guy around like a mule. Tough call but I’ll say Miller.

Sean McCorkle +120 v Stefan Struve -150
Proof that smack talk can elevate your career. Co-Main event? Last thread I ran a segment pointing out Stephan Bonner versus Pokaajvauienvk was the weakest main event for a TUF Finale. I won’t do the leg work but this has to be one of the lamest co-main events of all time. Having said all that, I am kind of looking forward to it. Struve by TKO.

Welterweight Championship Fight
Champ Georges “Rush” St. Pierre -450 v Josh “I’m not dating Holly Madison” Koscheck +330
This line seems based on the fact that lots of money will roll in on the side of GSP. In actuality, this is a much closer fight… right?
GSP outwrestles everyone but Koscheck took him down in their last fight. Standing, Kos’ right hand can land and do damage at any moment.
GSP is the better all-around fighter. The home crowd should be epic.
I’ll go with the upset and pick Koscheck because I am pretty sure as bad as my picks have been, I’ll be wrong here… double reverse jinx.

Not much on the undercard intrigues me. Struve is at least fun to watch though. But I'd rather see Miller/Doerkson or Bocek/Hazelett really. But I understand why we won't (pending fast finishes).

i hope gsp knocks him out first round

You're probably not alone on that. I'm sure many people do...including all 18K or so that will be in attendance.

Per wiki (I know :covri: ) capacity for the arena is going to be close to 21,273 :Kosccheckmad:

OK, make it 21K then (I'm giving Kos a stellar 273 fans in attendance). :hihi:

On an unrelated non-UFC note...I'm sure some saw that Bellator is about to ink a deal with FX to air their events live. I'm very excited about that. BFC may not have the top to bottom depth of the UFC, but like Strikeforce they have some decent talent to where they could really put on 2-3 good fights a night. Plus, they've shown a willingness to participate in talent exchanges with other organizations.

Strikeforce's last card was the best of the year. K-1 World GP is Friday night. Undoubtedly gonna be way better than UFC 124. Haters gonna hate.

^^ wouldn't argue either point (but I might just to keep things interesting).

Waymer - BFC is a solid promotion with some real talent. Their deal with Fox Sports was terrible. Most of their events were preempted for live sporting events in my area.

^^ wouldn't argue either point (but I might just to keep things interesting).

Waymer - BFC is a solid promotion with some real talent. Their deal with Fox Sports was terrible. Most of their events were preempted for live sporting events in my area.

Same here. I mean not that I didn't want to see that Tampa Bay Rays / Kansas City Royals game. :rolleyes:

Whatever org is smart enough to hold an event in New Orleans on 9/9/10 surely has a bright future in sport.

Whatever org is smart enough to hold an event in New Orleans on 9/9/10 surely has a bright future in sport.

Clearly their dumbest move ever.

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sz0JbGGxFNk&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sz0JbGGxFNk&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

Strikeforce's last card was the best of the year. K-1 World GP is Friday night. Undoubtedly gonna be way better than UFC 124. Haters gonna hate.

That Strikeforce was sick nasty. The Ko's just kept getting better. Dan knocked Babalu silly with that first right he launched when he was standing over him. Paul Daley's left to Smith was nice and Robbie Lawler's one hitter quitter was awesome as well.

And yes the K-1 GP is going to be great. Overeem is a beast with those knees. I assume Schilt is the favorite to win by a nice margin

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom