UFC 81 Lesnar vs Mir (1 Viewer)

Lesnar certainly has strength and raw talent...and when he's on top of you he certainly seems to reign blows down with amazing strength. But it just goes to show that a truly experienced MMA fighter will win that type of fight any time.

that, and he just seemed to take Mir lightly, especially at the end when Mir was on his back, and he made him pay.

Recap, details, please!

Lesnar caught a kick and immediately took Mir down. From half-guard, Lesnar blasted away with elbows and punches. Steve Mazzagatti took a point away from Lesnar for hitting the back of the head. Lesnar dropped Mir with a right hand. Lesnar pounced with punches and had Mir hurt. Mir went for an armbar but Lesnar escaped and continued to tee off. As Lesnar went to posture up, Mir locked on a kneebar that forced Lesnar to tapout at 1:30 of the first.

hdvu2278012384h20000200bh1.jpg

Under 2 minutes. I was right, but Mir had to earn this one. Lesnar is huge and with time and his wrestling pedigree, I think he will be a success. Matching him up with a ground wiz like Mir was interesting. Not a bad debut for Lesnar at all.

Wow. Sylvia dominated 11.9 or the 12 minutes. But damn, Nog always manages to find a way.

Nog!! Wow, Sylvia was winning that fight, but with his JJ, Nog can end at any moment.

I should get some vids tomorrow. That is usually when they start showing up.

PBP via Sherdog:
Both fighters landed stiff jabs early in the second. Sylvia landed a right hand moments before Nogueira pulled guard. Nogueira swept Sylvia and went to side-control. Nogueria locked on a guillotine choke as Sylvia tried to get to his feet. Sylvia tapped quickly. The official time is 1:28 of the third period.

Thanks,

I was really hoping Tim could pull it off.

Who should get next shot at Nogera? The HW division is pretty thin.

Waymer, please recap.

Also can someone post a video?

Basically Sylvia dominated the entire first round without any problems. He rocked Nog bad with a left hook and a right cross and sent Nog to the ground. Looked like it could have been finished then, but there's a reason Nog's never been finished. In the 2nd round Tim landed some more shots, while Nog got in 1 or two of his own. Nog tried about 3-4 times to get Tim down, including once when he literally got one leg and had Tim hopping on the other, but Sylvia's takedown defense is as good as any ones in the world with perhaps the exception of Liddell. I had it 2 rounds to 0 Sylvia. Then more of the same in the 3rd as Tim tagged Nog pretty good. But Nog pulled guard and got Tim to the ground. Looked like Tim was standing up but Nog had a leg and swept Tim to the ground and Nog was in side control. Tim tried to roll out on top but Nog locked on an ultra-quick guillotine and Sylvia tapped within 2 seconds.

Vid probably won't be up until early tomorrow morning and then it will come here for as long as it lasts.

Last edited:
Thanks,

I was really hoping Tim could pull it off.

Who should get next shot at Nogera? The HW division is pretty thin.

That's a tough one to answer. I suppose they may consider Mir...but I think that was more of a reality if Sylvia won so they could set up a revenge match between the two. Heck, who knows really. Kongo maybe if he beats Herring next month? Maybe still Mir? My guess is, as unlikely as it seems, they'll be on the phone trying to set up a Couture match. But you're right, the division went from seemingly stacked to somewhat weak again.

Some people are saying that Dana has already said that after his win, Werdum would get the next title fight. If so, that is a rematch from Pride.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom