UFC 82: Silva vs Henderson (1 Viewer)

Ken Shamrock V Kimbo Slice.

If Shamrock wins his fight in the UK - don't be surprised to see Kimbo/Shamrock headline the first CBS primetime card.

:covri: this elitexc on cbs deal is going to set mma back 10 years.

***SPOILERS FOR SHAMROCK FIGHT TONIGHT ON SHOWTIME****

Well, Buzz beat him, so it may all be a moot point.
berryshamrock.gif

I need a better view of that punch. The gif doesn't show too much. And many people are wondering if Shamrock slipped on the same banana peel that was inside the octagon against Ace.

I need a better view of that punch. The gif doesn't show too much. And many people are wondering if Shamrock slipped on the same banana peel that was inside the octagon against Ace.

It sure didn't look like much Peet. Personally when I saw it at first I thought his legs just kinda gave out. Certainly hard to say from that angle, I agree. Also hard to see what Ken was doing once he was down...it looked like he was trying to actually roll into a defensive position and was not that out of it.

Wow.. The way he crumpled after what looks like a very glancing blow is kinda odd.. I mean, he even had his glove up to block the shot.. The only way he should've gone down like that is if it caught him across the chin.. Bad angle though to see that.. And he was balling up to defend himself it looked like.. He didn't look out of it in the least.. Buzz faked a couple punches while he was down and maybe threw one.. I wonder if the ref had special instructions to protect him.. Something's fishy to me.. :shrug:

A wise man once gave me this link

http://mmafightvideos.blogspot.com/

top vid is Shamrocked. He did get tagged a little harder than the gif shows. He dropped and turtled and didn't protest the stoppage. Kinda weird. He's won 1 of his last 8 fights.

In other sports like football or basketball I'm against saying things like "Shaq should retire - or Brett Favre should retire" In MMA, I have no problem saying Ken needs to hang up the gloves.

I wouldn't be surprised to see EliteXC still try and sell Shamrock/Slice. Who else? Buentello is too dangerous for Slice.

If EliteXC were smart, they'd have let Ken fight a smaller guy with just wrestling or something like that. Then again, Berry was TKO'd the last two fights in teh first round. Go figure, he looked like pretty boy floyd against 'the world's least dangerous old man

Of note from that link you posted stun:

On the Bubba the Love Sponge radio show Randy Couture stated that he would be willing to go back to the UFC if they sign, now free agent Fedor Emelianenko. Couture also stated that if he did go back to the UFC that it wouldn't be under his current contract. He said a new contract would have to be worked out. Couture has stated many times that Fedor is the only fight he wants. The current interim heavyweight champion is Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira and Dana White has offered that fight to Couture on more than one occasion, but its not likely that Couture would take that fight considering his statements about only wanting to fight Fedor in the past.

Shamrock is washed up. He went down pretty easy Saturday night. I think he is just out there collecting pay checks. Kimbo would destroy him. I would think Kimbo has a harder punch than Buzz.

Mirko Cro Cop won his return to the ring in Japan this morning.

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/showthread.php?threadid=749247

Also, if you guys get HDNet - check it out tonite. The HDNet presents Xtreme Fighting League will air live from Tulsa. A couple of national championship college wrestlers from Oklahoma State are fighting. Rosholt and Hendricks. Click on my sig for an article about the event.

I'm ****** - I was invited to meet Bas Rutten yesterday but I was driving back from Baton Rouge - damn sister got married.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom