UFC Fight Night: Florian vs Lauzon (1 Viewer)

Is it just me or was it pretty obvious that Nate Diaz was high in his interview with Rogan?

Is it just me or was it pretty obvious that Nate Diaz was high in his interview with Rogan?

LOL.. I didn't see last night's interview, but I've thought the same thing in previous interviews with him after fights.. It usually includes some long drawn out "Whasssupp"s.. :hihi:

I missed the both the Diaz and Alexander fights.. Alexander got KO'd by a Superman punch? What kind of sub did Diaz do?

Alexander got dropped by a superman punch right on the chin, about 4 seconds into the fight, then Irvin got on top and landed a couple more; good stoppage IMO (as was the Karo fight).

Pelligrino slammed Nate and fell right into a triangle choke. Nate had it deep, he secured his left foot behind his right knee and didnt even have to pull the head down. He began celebrating immediately with arms raised and flipped of the birds-eye-view camera, all before Kurt tapped out.

I thought the altitude took its toll on all the fighters.
Great night of free fights!

Man.. I thought Houston Alexander was gonna be a beast after he destroyed Keith Jardine and Allessio Sakara.. But now he's lost two in a row, and one in 8 seconds.. He is still raw though I suppose..

Nate Diaz flipping off the camera/crowd is classless.. You're in a match against someone you should respect.. And sure, while you've got them in a choke that you think is great, you shouldn't be disrespecting the person by flipping the bird.. One day, someone may have you in that same position, and you would probably want them to treat you with respect..

Last edited:

Why? That's how Nate always looks and speaks.

I didn't get a chance or the time to make my picks yesterday, but I would have gone 8-4. I thought Alexander, Edgar, Pelligrino, and Thomas would win. Nonetheless a good night of fights that seem to have come pretty close to living up to the hype.

Man.. I thought Houston Alexander was gonna be a beast after he destroyed Keith Jardine and Allessio Sakara.. But now he's lost two in a row, and one in 8 seconds..

Yeah, he's got incredible striking skills, but they're still unrefined, and he's still very raw overall. When someone is able to get him on the ground, they completely neutralize him. I think he's nothing more than a novelty act right now.

Why? That's how Nate always looks and speaks.

Sarcasm? I can't tell. :shrug:

In any event, I'm not familiar with how Diaz normally talks, but knowing the family, it wouldn't surprise me.

Last edited:
Altitude was a big factor in my opinion as well.

Irvins punch landed clean, dropped him and it was the second punch on the ground that KO'd him..his arms stiffened and it was a good stoppage regardless of the protesting. He was ko'd then the next punches woke him up.

People are still going crazy about Florian's elbows, but it happens everytime he fights.

Diaz knew the triangle was tight, he didn't even have to pull down on the head.

Nick Diaz was supposed to fight the other day, but was not allowed. He has a prescription for medical marijuana, but he was not allowed to fight by the CSAC.

I have no beef with what Diaz did -- he was excited to sink in the triangle. He knew he had it and was celebrating. I mean, he took a beating in the first round. I think he was exuberant to extend his longish win streak. I don't think it was disrespectful; it's just the way that dude is.

I'm ready to see Nick Diaz fight again as well. He's very entertaining. Dude's good too; even when he loses fights, nobody really gets the better of him. A couple of his losses were questionable to me. I think he won a couple of fights from his back that they robbed him of because the judges just give the win to whoever is on top sometimes.

What happened with Karo? I missed that fight. I've been rooting for him to lose for a while now; can't believe I missed it.

Sarcam? I can't tell. :shrug:

In any event, I'm not familiar with how Diaz normally talks, but knowing the family, it wouldn't surprise me.
Watching him on TUF, he always speaks with a strange, slurred lisp.
And I'm pretty sure he wasn't high while he was on the reality show, what with the cameras and everything.

So to answer your question, not sarcasm, that's just the way he talks.

Watching him on TUF, he always speaks with a strange, slurred lisp.
And I'm pretty sure he wasn't high while he was on the reality show, what with the cameras and everything.

So to answer your question, not sarcasm, that's just the way he talks.

He sounded the same way after he won, in his interview.

You gotta remember too, Nate Diaz is only 22 years old. He was excited after getting whipped for most of the first round to come back and submit K.P. He has awesome focus and doesn't let other fighters take him off of his game. He wasn't high, he has a lisp. I wouldn't make fun of him about it though. :)

I thought Alexander could hit hard, Irwin is pretty impressive too.

I wish I could have seen the Clay Guida fight. He was very entertaining when he fought Huerta. Anyone got a link?

Only one went to a decision. You really can't beat that free card. UFC is smart and with all the guys under contract, I expect more Spike cards like this in the near future.

TUF seemed ok. I like the new premise of winning your way into the house. Forrest seemed uncomfortable sitting at the table with Dana and Rampage... or maybe not... just seemed that way to me.

FWIW - I thought the two stoppages were deserved. Alexander looked out and Karo buckled when he caught that knee. Thiago Silva next up for winner of St. Pierre/Serra?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom