UFC Fight Night: Florian vs Lauzon (1 Viewer)

I really, really dislike the winning a fight to get into the house. It's not fun to watch two guys fight on TV who I know nothing about. The greatest part of the show and watching sports in general is pulling for someone because of some stupid reason. I have no stupid reason to root for anyone. The ONLY reason I'm watching is to hear Rampage say stuff like "that boy smells like funk. It wasn't the punch that knocked him out, it was his funk."

Thiago Silva next up for winner of St. Pierre/Serra?
I thought Karo, if he won that fight, was a lock to take on St. Pierre or Serra.

Is Thiago Silva not the 205 fighter who knocked out beat up Houston Alexander?

I think you mean Thiago Alves. I think he's a great fighter, but I think Jon Fitch, who actually has a win over Alves, should probably be the first to get a crack at St. Pierre/Silva.

I really, really dislike the winning a fight to get into the house. It's not fun to watch two guys fight on TV who I know nothing about. The greatest part of the show and watching sports in general is pulling for someone because of some stupid reason. I have no stupid reason to root for anyone. The ONLY reason I'm watching is to hear Rampage say stuff like "that boy smells like funk. It wasn't the punch that knocked him out, it was his funk."

Better than watching guys like Blake Bowman from last season who has no business being on the show. They're just separating the wheat from the chaff. I would suspect as the show continues and you get to know the fighters on the show better you'll find someone to pull for.

Last night was pretty good. I started watching mma mostly cuz of Hammill. Cool to see a deaf guy do well, being that I'm deaf myself. He's a helluva fighter too. I met him and got a chance to talk with him for a bit. Real laid back and mellow guy. He looked like he lost a bit of weight and looked to be in much better shape than he was before the injury. I thought he did pretty good last night and withstood a good challenger. That knee he took woulda knocked most people out. He's got quite a chin. His lip, not so much. :covri: Good night all around IMO.

I really like Hammill. He uses his jab very well. It is a very underrated tool in MMA. Murilo Bustamante uses it very well as does Tim Sylvia. He also has a good chin, that knee was hard.

Really hard to root against him, very classy in his post-fight interview.

Alvez, yes... me culpa.

I have never cared for Ken-flo but I have to hand it to him, quite a nice showing last night.

Now he's calling out Roger Huerta. I'd like to see that one go down.

from the unaired prelims. Check out this "cheap shot"?

mannycheap_dcd6c28de2d93dce92cc08d4fca3c691.gif

I heard about that kick. Pretty cheap in my opinion. You don't have to touch gloves at the start of the fight, but don't do that.

I thought it was a great change of pace. Clearly Dana is ******, as he should be, at guys taking advantage of the free ride and getting a spot based on a weak evaluation. Each season someone whines and quits so maybe this will weed out the losers.

Anyone know where I cant watch the episode from the tuf last night? I forgot to dvr it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom