UFC Fight Night: Florian vs Lauzon (1 Viewer)

peglegpeet13

23-3 What a Night!!!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The UFC is back with a free card on Spike TV. This thread is a little late due to wedding planning, but here is the card with usual rants and breakdowns

Anthony Johnson Vs. Tommy Speer
Interesting fight. Speer came in second in last seasons Ultimate Fighter. Johnson is a tough fighter. I think Speer will take this one on the ground. Speer via dec.

Roman Mitichyan Vs. George Sotiropoulos
I don't know much about Roman except that he was hilarious on the TUF opening episode. He does have a win in the UFC over Dorian Price, but his opponent is much better than Price was. I am giving this fight to Sotiropoulos.

Samy Schiavo Vs. Clay Guida
I like Guida and I will take him in this fight.

Jeff Cox Vs. Manny Gamburyan
I like Manny. He reminds me of a little pit bull. I think he takes this fight and hopefully sets up a rematch with Nate Diaz.

Ryan Roberts Vs. Marcus Aurelio
Aurelio via sub

Josh Neer Vs. Din Thomas
This will be a good fight. I have never seen a boring Josh Neer fight. I hope Din is healed after his last fight. I think this fight doesn't go the distance with Din getting the win.

Gray Maynard Vs. Frank Edgar
This could turn out to be a fight of the night. I like Maynard and he is a hell of a wrestler, but I like Frank Edgar a little more. Edgar will be too much for Gray.

James Irvin Vs. Houston Alexander
SLUGFEST!!!!! Houston gets back on track.

Kurt Pellegrino Vs. Nate Diaz
This could be another good fight. Pellegrino is tough and I wonder how he will deal with the very slick Nate Diaz. I think Diaz takes this fight.

Matt Hamill Vs. Tim Boetsch
Hamill

Thiago Alves Vs. Karo Parisyan
Parisyan

Kenny Florian Vs. Joe Lauzon
This will be a fun fight. I think Lauzon is good,but Florian has really improved in each fight. As much as I don't care for Florian, I think he wins this fight. I just hope it is not due to an elbow cut.

Thats it. Quick and easy.

Actually, I think I agree with each one of your picks. Alexander vs. Irvin should be a very entertaining fight.

Johnson via TKO. I could see Speer taking him down but his layNpray will get them stood up at some point and I think Johnson's knockout power will land at least one solid blow at some point.

I'll take Mitichyan because I am pretty sure he trains with Karo and Manny. I know George trains with Serra but I just have a feeling he'll lose. I like his game but if Tommy Speer can KO him....

I see a Guida win. Hopefully not a decision.

Manny by whatever he decides. I think Cox it 39. Don't see him holding up to well under the pressure of the Gamburyan flurry.

This is one of those "who is Roberts?" ones. So, by default, I'll take Aurelio.

Josh Neer Vs. Din Thomas
Agreed, should be an outstanding fight. I'll take Neer by TKO in 3rd round.

Nice matchup. Two solid wrestlers. I think Maynard has a slightly more well-rounded game coming from Randy's Gym. Maynard by decision.

Bam Bam Bam. If this one goes to the ground Irvin. I don't see that happening so I'll take Alexander by vicious knee to the skull.

Two solid lightweights. I'm pulling for Nate so I'll pick him to sub Kurt. Although I'm not confident in this pick.

I love Hamill but I see Boetsch being able to defend against Hamill's takedowns. Boetsch by hip toss onto Hamill's brain (wait - that was his last fight). Boetsch by dec.

Parisyan - he looked quite a bit larger at the weigh-ins. When does the Heat get his title shot?

Joe by KO. I sure hope so.

Don't forget Team Rampage vs. Team Forrest TUF starts after the card. Lot's of fights right off the bat I think.

Peet, congrats on the wedding! Hope she doesn't mind a little MMA blood action for your sake.

Looks like a pretty good card for a free show.. How many will actually air?

per ufc.com

Date Time: 04/02/2008 7pm PT/ET
Event Type: UFC Fight Night

Description: UFC® Fight Night™ Kenny Florian vs Joe Lauzon LIVE at the Broomfield Event Center.

A special SPIKE presentation - LIVE 3 hour show starts at 7pm until 10pm.

Since it's 3 hours it'll start TUF when it's over... 9pm CDT.

Also, 5 bouts are scheduled to air live. Of course, a few TKO's or Subs and we can see a few extras!

Very excited for this card, and this season of TUF.

- Speer by decision.

- I've never seen Roman Mitchyan, but apparently he's a beast. Mitchyan by submission.

- Guida by decision.

- I have seen Manny Gamburyan and I know he is a beast. He wins by TKO.

- Aurelio by submission.

Josh Neer Vs. Din Thomas
- Thomas by decision

- A fight between two wrestlers that actually could be pretty exciting. Edgar by decision.

- Alexander by vicious first minute KO.

- Nate Diaz is awesome. Diaz by submission.

- Hamill is so strong, but so sloppy. Boetsch by submission.

- Parisyan wins by submission, setting him up as the number one contender to fight the winner of Serra/St. Pierre.

- I could never cheer for a guy who goes by Ken-Flo. Lauzon by TKO.

I can't wait to see Rampage coach. He's gonna be taking his team to bars. I'd be super ****** if I wound up on Forrest's team.

Johnson via TKO. I could see Speer taking him down but his layNpray will get them stood up at some point and I think Johnson's knockout power will land at least one solid blow at some point.

I'll take Mitichyan because I am pretty sure he trains with Karo and Manny. I know George trains with Serra but I just have a feeling he'll lose. I like his game but if Tommy Speer can KO him....

I see a Guida win. Hopefully not a decision.

Manny by whatever he decides. I think Cox it 39. Don't see him holding up to well under the pressure of the Gamburyan flurry.

This is one of those "who is Roberts?" ones. So, by default, I'll take Aurelio.

Josh Neer Vs. Din Thomas
Agreed, should be an outstanding fight. I'll take Neer by TKO in 3rd round.

Nice matchup. Two solid wrestlers. I think Maynard has a slightly more well-rounded game coming from Randy's Gym. Maynard by decision.

Bam Bam Bam. If this one goes to the ground Irvin. I don't see that happening so I'll take Alexander by vicious knee to the skull.

Two solid lightweights. I'm pulling for Nate so I'll pick him to sub Kurt. Although I'm not confident in this pick.

I love Hamill but I see Boetsch being able to defend against Hamill's takedowns. Boetsch by hip toss onto Hamill's brain (wait - that was his last fight). Boetsch by dec.

Parisyan - he looked quite a bit larger at the weigh-ins. When does the Heat get his title shot?

Joe by KO. I sure hope so.

Don't forget Team Rampage vs. Team Forrest TUF starts after the card. Lot's of fights right off the bat I think.

Peet, congrats on the wedding! Hope she doesn't mind a little MMA blood action for your sake.

Thanks, Stun. The future misses watches with me…best of both worlds.

Fights have started..I am 2 for 3 as of right now
Sherdog.com - Serving up Heaping Fistfuls of Mixed Martial Arts

Pretty good night. Nate Diaz is slick!!! Great superman punch ko by Irvin. Good night.

That Diaz submission was wicked! But I still miss Nick, when will he be back?

Edit: Wow! Speer got smoked, Johnson is sooo fast!

Last edited:
I wish the Alexander and the Parisyan fight would have went longer.

By the way, TUF looks like its going to be lame. Rampage and Forest don't look to into it. Maybe it will get better. At least they did have to fight to get into it.

Boetsch needs to work on his patience and stamina.. I know they were fighting at high altitude and he was on a short notice, but he was swinging for the fences with every punch.. I knew he was going to wear out if it made it to the second round.. That cut on Hammill's lip was nasty though..

I was upset that Karo lost.. I really like him.. He jumped up immediately, but I think Thiago knocked him out with the knee and woke him up with the punches.. He crumpled after that knee..

I missed the both the Diaz and Alexander fights.. Alexander got KO'd by a Superman punch? What kind of sub did Diaz do?

Anyone seen any videos up anywhere? I haven't searched yet..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom