UFC game update (with video) (1 Viewer)

The Mongoose

Porkers?
Reaction score
This game is supposed to be released in 2009, but a playable demo has apparently been announced for this year featuring Rampage Jackson and Forest Griffin. The demo is supposed to coincide with/hype up the next season of The Ultimate Fighter, in which both of those guys are the coaches, leading up to their fight for the lightheavyweight belt.

This has been hotly argued, but the developer and the fighters insist that this video is actual gameplay.

Wow.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GhN1YLFS4qA&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GhN1YLFS4qA&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

that looks too CGI to be actual game play. Still interested though.

Durn straight. If this game ends up looking like this, and has some creative controls, it could be huge.

No UFC game to date has been worth a hoot, though, so we'll see.

I liked the one for dreamcast. I still play it from time to time.

that looks too CGI to be actual game play. Still interested though.

Most people agree with you, but the developers and even the fighters who were scanned for the game are all defending the fact that the above video is actual gameplay. How the fighters would know is a mystery to me, but other forums are debating it.

The consensus is, most people say its animation, but can't ultimately argue with the words that are coming straight out of the developers mouths.

Just like Fight Night featured previously unseen graphical capabilities, this game purports to. They say that fighting games lend themselves to this type of rendering -- there aren't 22 guys like on a football field, or 10 like on a basketball court. It's just two guys, and the developer can devote all game resources to those two guys.

Fight Night was a launch title, and it's graphics are still better than most of what's out there.

We'll see, I guess. Color me hopeful.

Most people agree with you, but the developers and even the fighters who were scanned for the game are all defending the fact that the above video is actual gameplay. How the fighters would know is a mystery to me, but other forums are debating it.

The consensus is, most people say its animation, but can't ultimately argue with the words that are coming straight out of the developers mouths.

Just like Fight Night featured previously unseen graphical capabilities, this game purports to. They say that fighting games lend themselves to this type of rendering -- there aren't 22 guys like on a football field, or 10 like on a basketball court. It's just two guys, and the developer can devote all game resources to those two guys.

Fight Night was a launch title, and it's graphics are still better than most of what's out there.

We'll see, I guess. Color me hopeful.

I was just going to say. I can see this video being real and the graphics looking like Fight Night. Like you said there is only 2 people and there doesn't have to be to much done around them so they have more to work with and focus on the gameplay and graphics.

I dont care if the graphics end up not looking as good as this video. If the game play is great then I will be all over this.

I liked the one for dreamcast. I still play it from time to time.

I just found that game in my closet yesterday and played it all night. The only other game like it that was good was Pride FC for ps2.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom