uggghhhhhh...... Hangovers... (1 Viewer)

As a side note, I need to start using that gif for negative posters in addition to Gollum...

marijuana is a great hangover cure and or preventative.

All it ever did for me was send my headache into overdrive. Worked great for everyone else. Now I drink lime juice and water then take care of the babies while my wife is out of commission for the day.

Yeah. 30 aint 20. A few weeks ago I met up with some old friends I haven't seen in quite some time. We hit it extremely hard like we did a decade ago and the next day was brutal.

Overall though it's still good. Saturday I started early at the LSU tailgate and after the game we went out for a bit. Probably a solid 12 hours of drinking. Woke up Sunday with a slight headache, but not bad enough that I couldn't run all my errands and still make it home in time to watch the Saints game.

Typically I'm good to go the next morning after a Coke zero and an aspirin.

Yeah. 30 aint 20. A few weeks ago I met up with some old friends I haven't seen in quite some time. We hit it extremely hard like we did a decade ago and the next day was brutal.

Overall though it's still good. Saturday I started early at the LSU tailgate and after the game we went out for a bit. Probably a solid 12 hours of drinking. Woke up Sunday with a slight headache, but not bad enough that I couldn't run all my errands and still make it home in time to watch the Saints game.

Typically I'm good to go the next morning after a Coke zero and an aspirin.

wait til you are 40

that coke zero and aspirn will be of no help.

I avoid those marathon drinking days now like the plague.

Came close in Chicago for the LSU/Wiscy game- That Sunday. Cubs at 1...but i distinctly remember around 6pm saying ok time to roll it back a bit. Tough with friends, but i just dont have it in me anymore.

I'm 42 and the last time I got a hangover was at my sister's wedding in Austin a little over a year ago when I was 41. My brother and I drank 2 whole bottles of Irish whiskey by ourselves. I didn't feel right until 3 days later. Never forget.

Keeping yourself hydrated mitigates 80% (i just made that number up) of negative hangover effects.

Just remember to drink a few glasses of water throughout the time you are drinking and you'll be fine.

For me, too much beer or wine will kill me the next day. However, vodka makes me only semi hungover. The only drawback is that it does a great job of getting me too drunk :aargh:

All you young pups. I'm here to tell you this last weekend was the first time I had any appreciable alcohol since beginning of August. That hangover was horrid. Yup 45 is old enough to end that sort of thing. Too much to (not) do to waste a day hungover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Milk thistle, try it, take it regularly. There are at least several medical studies which show it very well may help improve/restore the function of your liver if you take it regularly. If you're having problems with hangovers then chances are that your liver isn't processing the alcohol too well.

And plenty of water, as many others have mentioned, is also a great thing to drink a lot of -- before, during, and after drinking. LOTS. Feeling bad, headaches especially, are usually a result of some level of dehydration. Alcohol sucks the water, the life force, right out of your body, you gotta over compensate by drinking tons of water.

Here's the milk thistle I take fyi: https://www.amazon.com/Jarrow-Formulas-Silymarin-Marianum-Promotes/dp/B0013OULVA

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom