Ugh...not him/her again: Annoying Avatars (1 Viewer)

The avatars with pics of big-headed, googly-eyed, slobbery-mouthed babies annoy me. Plus folks with unprofound signature quotes. You know the poster probably thinks it's deep and thought-provoking, but it's really not.

Like mine?

Makes it embarrassing to browse at work though, or in front of my children or (especially) my wife. I like having avatars turned on though, because picture/pattern recognition is easier for humans than word recognition.

I don't mind the avatars.

It's the constant "OH MY GOD WHO IS THAT IN YOUR AVATAR" garbage that gets old.

It's a random internet skank, dude...move along.

Maybe we should all change our AVs to insanely attractive but anonymous women

It's the constant "OH MY GOD WHO IS THAT IN YOUR AVATAR" garbage that gets old.

Very old. I don't even mind people asking the question -- as long as it's in a PM instead of derailing a public thread. Unless it's a thread about hot avatars:

pjqql141.jpg

Actually, I think I may have just found my next avatar

What I hate is when posters I find annoying change their avatar. If I see the avatar I just don't read the post, but when they change it, I'm forced to memorize a new avatar for my mental ignore list.

I'm sured he won't be offended but wowatkin has this toothless guy avatar that creeps me out more than anything.

I totally understand the annoying poster-avatar association as well. I'm probably guilty of annoying some people with my signature. :hihi: I'm not creative enough to change it to anything else though so it stays. At least it's not a big life size picture of my dog or Reggie Bush :barman:

I personally don't find you annoying or anything. I just figured someone would beat me to the snarky response of posting your avatar.

What I hate is when posters I find annoying change their avatar. If I see the avatar I just don't read the post, but when they change it, I'm forced to memorize a new avatar for my mental ignore list.

So you're saying I shouldn't use the fire chicken? What if I cycle my old avatars into my sig -- would that help?

Very old. I don't even mind people asking the question -- as long as it's in a PM instead of derailing a public thread. Unless it's a thread about hot avatars:

pjqql141.jpg

Actually, I think I may have just found my next avatar

For what it's worth, I like it :9:

I personally don't find you annoying or anything. I just figured someone would beat me to the snarky response of posting your avatar.
I didn't mind, I caught the sarcasm in it. However, I am pretty annoying so :shrug:

With that said, just make damn sure you don't change Perry The Platypus...:mwink:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom