Ugh...not him/her again: Annoying Avatars (1 Viewer)

livefromDC

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Is it just me or are there avatars that make you cringe every time you see them?

Not really.

There's some posters here, and I won't name names, that are just annoying posters in general and if they've been using a certain avatar for a while, then yea it would irritate me every time I see it. Otherwise, other than that, most avatars are not very annoying to me on here unless the poster is.

Hope I'm not offending anybody, I'm just being totally honest.

Hate topics like this...

Edit:

I will add. I personally don't like all the scantly clad women avatars, but all I can do is just ignore them like I have been doing.

I will add. I personally don't like all the scantly clad women avatars, but all I can do is just ignore them like I have been doing.

OMG who is that in your avatar whats her name please PM me a link etc etc etc

What's annoying about that?

Go to User CP, edit options, uncheck show avatar and show signature blocks.

??

Go to User CP, edit options, uncheck show avatar and show signature blocks.

??

Overall I don't mind avatars. In fact, they can be pretty helpful when scanning a thread. Every so often though someone will have an avatar that is incredibly weird or flat out creepy.

There's some posters here, and I won't name names, that are just annoying posters in general and if they've been using a certain avatar for a while, then yea it would irritate me every time I see it.

Like this one.

chopblock-17600.gif

:hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

Antipop used to have one of some guy with no skin on his face. I was VERY glad the day he changed it.

you're talking about Ra aren't you? it's ok you can say it

honestly it's the opposite for me, there are some avatars that I really notice and then get annoyed when the change it when Buzd didn't have his pirate wench for awhile the world just didn't seem right)

the other interesting avatar thing (to me at least) is when i see an avatar that i have a feeling about (ie really don't like poster when they post on politics board) and that feeling changes (they say something insightful on the ssf board)

then there are the moments when you suddenly realize you haven't seen an avatar in forever

I only really get annoyed when someone has a HammerNNails avatar and then says and does things that are polar opposites to what HammerNNails believed or how he lived -- it's like an insult to his memory to me.

The only other time that I get a "DOH!" from avatars is when someone whose avatar is a mental reminder that I can skip the post or read with really low expectations changes theirs.

you're talking about Ra aren't you? it's ok you can say it

honestly it's the opposite for me, there are some avatars that I really notice and then get annoyed when the change it when Buzd didn't have his pirate wench for awhile the world just didn't seem right)

the other interesting avatar thing (to me at least) is when i see an avatar that i have a feeling about (ie really don't like poster when they post on politics board) and that feeling changes (they say something insightful on the ssf board)

then there are the moments when you suddenly realize you haven't seen an avatar in forever

Oh yea. I think for buz. Reason why I got annoyed when he changed it, because it didn't seem "buz like" with the new avatar. I don't know. Buz has a certain personality about him that matches that avatar, so it's odd to see him with anything else....

I feel the same about some other posters here.

I know that sounds weird...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom