Ukraine (18 Viewers)

Short of making Russian forces defend the area and draw them away from other potential advances, whats the strategy by Ukraine at play here?

It seems like it would be difficult to get enough troops there to hold any ground for long and very few settlements/roads to advance through.

Short of making Russian forces defend the area and draw them away from other potential advances, whats the strategy by Ukraine at play here?

It seems like it would be difficult to get enough troops there to hold any ground for long and very few settlements/roads to advance through.

I'm certain that area was lightly defended to begin with. Running headlong into a well defended strip of land would have been dumb. They did their homework.

Now, with its capture, they can fortify and bring in plenty of troops and defenses.

I have wondered if UKR has the anphib capability to pull off a "Battle of Incheon" type maneuver in Crimea.
The russian Black Sea Fleet prevents that, but a short hop across the harbor to the Spit is probably possible. Remember that they just received a bunch of armored boats. They don't have anything big enough to move heavy equipment though, but I'm sure they can actually cover their men with arty from the reclaimed Kherson area.

If you have an hour to spare, maybe during a Saints game, this video is excellent. Perun is very good at analyzing and explaining the inner workings of russia. There is a light use of curse words like BS but only a few times.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom