Ukraine (32 Viewers)

Here's today's ISW report:

This portion of the introduction stood out. Much of the rest of the introduction was about Putin's speech and politics.

"Russian forces are likely depleting their stocks of artillery ammunition and will struggle to support their current pace of operations in certain sectors of the frontline in Ukraine as a result. Ukrainian Main Military Intelligence Directorate (GUR) Chief Kyrylo Budanov reported on December 31 that Russian forces in Ukraine are experiencing significant issues with artillery ammunition that will become more pronounced by March of 2023.[8] Budanov stated that Russian forces had previously used 60,000 artillery shells per day (as of some unspecified date) and now only use 19,000 to 20,000 shells.[9] Budanov stated that Russian forces have also removed all remaining artillery ammunition from Belarusian military warehouses to support their operations in Ukraine.[10] The United Kingdom Ministry of Defense (UK MoD) reported on December 24 that Russian forces currently lack the necessary stockpile of artillery munitions to support large-scale offensive operations and that sustaining defensive operations along the lengthy frontline in Ukraine requires the Russian military to expend a significant number of shells and rockets daily.[11] ISW assesses the constraints on munitions will likely in part prevent Russian forces from maintaining a high pace of operations in the Bakhmut area in the near term.[12] The depletion of the Russian military’s artillery ammunition stocks will likely impact their ability to conduct a high pace of operations elsewhere in Ukraine as well. This Ukrainian report that the Russians have already depleted ammunition stockpiles in Belarus is a further indicator that a renewed large-scale Russian offensive from Belarus in the coming months is unlikely."

Here's today's ISW report:

This portion of the introduction stood out. Much of the rest of the introduction was about Putin's speech and politics.

"Russian forces are likely depleting their stocks of artillery ammunition and will struggle to support their current pace of operations in certain sectors of the frontline in Ukraine as a result. Ukrainian Main Military Intelligence Directorate (GUR) Chief Kyrylo Budanov reported on December 31 that Russian forces in Ukraine are experiencing significant issues with artillery ammunition that will become more pronounced by March of 2023.[8] Budanov stated that Russian forces had previously used 60,000 artillery shells per day (as of some unspecified date) and now only use 19,000 to 20,000 shells.[9] Budanov stated that Russian forces have also removed all remaining artillery ammunition from Belarusian military warehouses to support their operations in Ukraine.[10] The United Kingdom Ministry of Defense (UK MoD) reported on December 24 that Russian forces currently lack the necessary stockpile of artillery munitions to support large-scale offensive operations and that sustaining defensive operations along the lengthy frontline in Ukraine requires the Russian military to expend a significant number of shells and rockets daily.[11] ISW assesses the constraints on munitions will likely in part prevent Russian forces from maintaining a high pace of operations in the Bakhmut area in the near term.[12] The depletion of the Russian military’s artillery ammunition stocks will likely impact their ability to conduct a high pace of operations elsewhere in Ukraine as well. This Ukrainian report that the Russians have already depleted ammunition stockpiles in Belarus is a further indicator that a renewed large-scale Russian offensive from Belarus in the coming months is unlikely."
This report coupled with the report of russia closing their borders to trap their next army in country tells me that the Ukrainians will have to kill russians armed with shovels and clubs. If russia actually mobilizes another 400k soldiers and sends them right away to the front, it will be a slaughter. The only thing russia is doing is trying to slow down the Ukrainians and keep them occupied in the east so they can try another half arsed invasion attempt in the northwest out of Belarus. Also, if the reports are true about Belarus closing their borders, we may see something happening after the first of the year that putin won't like, neither will Lukashenka.

This report coupled with the report of russia closing their borders to trap their next army in country tells me that the Ukrainians will have to kill russians armed with shovels and clubs. If russia actually mobilizes another 400k soldiers and sends them right away to the front, it will be a slaughter. The only thing russia is doing is trying to slow down the Ukrainians and keep them occupied in the east so they can try another half arsed invasion attempt in the northwest out of Belarus. Also, if the reports are true about Belarus closing their borders, we may see something happening after the first of the year that putin won't like, neither will Lukashenka.
I've seen a report at VOA that might connect in some way with the Belarusian border story you mentioned:

"7:45 a.m.: The secretary of Belarus' Security Council on Friday said it was "unlikely" that a Ukrainian air defense missile downed on Thursday entered Belarusian airspace by accident, and that most likely there had been some "intention" behind its launch, Russian state-owned news agency RIA reported, citing an interview he gave to Russian state outlet Sputnik Belarus."

"Belarus' defense ministry said on Thursday its air defense forces had downed a Ukrainian S-300 surface-to-air missile near the village of Harbacha in the Brest region, some 15 km (9 miles) from the Belarus-Ukraine border, Reuters reports."

"The Kremlin said on Friday it was extremely concerned about a Ukrainian anti-aircraft missile that was shot down after flying into the air space of its close ally Belarus on Thursday."

"This is an incident that causes extreme concern, not only for us, but for our Belarusian partners," Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov told reporters on Friday in Moscow's first public comment on the incident, which occurred around 10 a.m. (0700 GMT) on Thursday."

It strikes me as a petty nothing coming from both Belarus and Russia.

I've seen a report at VOA that might connect in some way with the Belarusian border story you mentioned:

"7:45 a.m.: The secretary of Belarus' Security Council on Friday said it was "unlikely" that a Ukrainian air defense missile downed on Thursday entered Belarusian airspace by accident, and that most likely there had been some "intention" behind its launch, Russian state-owned news agency RIA reported, citing an interview he gave to Russian state outlet Sputnik Belarus."

"Belarus' defense ministry said on Thursday its air defense forces had downed a Ukrainian S-300 surface-to-air missile near the village of Harbacha in the Brest region, some 15 km (9 miles) from the Belarus-Ukraine border, Reuters reports."

"The Kremlin said on Friday it was extremely concerned about a Ukrainian anti-aircraft missile that was shot down after flying into the air space of its close ally Belarus on Thursday."

"This is an incident that causes extreme concern, not only for us, but for our Belarusian partners," Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov told reporters on Friday in Moscow's first public comment on the incident, which occurred around 10 a.m. (0700 GMT) on Thursday."

It strikes me as a petty nothing coming from both Belarus and Russia.
The hypocrasy displayed by russia and Lukashenko is simply amazing. It doesn't matter that the invasion of Ukraine started from Belarus, or that continued strikes against civilians and civilian infrastructure originates in Belarus. I truly can't wrap my head around the way they think. They shoot missiles at Ukraine then complain about Ukraine attempting to shoot them down or shooting back. What kind mentality allows you to think that what you are saying makes any sense to any thinking being?

The hypocrasy displayed by russia and Lukashenko is simply amazing. It doesn't matter that the invasion of Ukraine started from Belarus, or that continued strikes against civilians and civilian infrastructure originates in Belarus. I truly can't wrap my head around the way they think. They shoot missiles at Ukraine then complain about Ukraine attempting to shoot them down or shooting back. What kind mentality allows you to think that what you are saying makes any sense to any thinking being?
It doesn't have to. It only needs to make sense to Russians.

They looking to mobilize and throw a mass amount of men into Ukraine.

I don't know if Ukraine can defend against 400,000 plus.

This is nuts
Its a bluff. They don't have the capacity or logistics to properly arm and supply 400k and they know it. They barely had enough for 200k.

Trying to put 400k in the field in Ukraine will probably result in a mass revolt in the army.

I can almost hear it whistle
ca-times.brightspotcdn.jpg

More on Makiivka....apparently it was not only housing but ammo storage in basement

[URLunfurl="true"]

https://twitter.com/forkig_idiot/status/1609646535909801986?t=BIvrTNzinzT8NlYJXlchzA&s=19

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom