Ukraine (18 Viewers)

I view this as probably being something somehow significant to the war in Ukraine.

I don't know, I'm tempted to speculate about why I think it's significant. I guess I'll pass on doing that for now.

When I do get around to it I'll put that kind of speculation in the Ukraine thread at the Politics board.

My only comment on the matter is this....if people are getting tired of the continued billions of dollars going to Ukraine, stop playing the long game. Give them what they need now, to win now, not 2 years down the road. End this war this year, then we can have the discussion about how we help Ukraine rebuild, with the help of confiscated russian rubles.

Since Chinese Balloon thread was closed, and this is somewhat relevant in a global sense, posting this.

NOTE: This may or may not be a unmanned Chinese object that we blew out of the sky..

Since Chinese Balloon thread was closed, and this is somewhat relevant in a global sense, posting this.

NOTE: This may or may not be a unmanned Chinese object that we blew out of the sky..

I suppose the author of that quote would about have to be Igor Girkin. If so I'd just regard it as second hand, second rate Russian propaganda.

It's now been several days of "the long awaited Russian offensive has begun" being reported every blasted day.

The Russians are increasing the tempo of their missile attacks and such but the targets of those attacks seem to be to continue to soften up the civilian sectors behind the lines, rather than to soften up the Ukrainian military forces holding the lines which they would have to penetrate to launch an offensive.

It's got me scratching my head. What the heck are they doing?

The only thing that makes a lick of sense to me is that maybe the important front lines insofar as the Russian leaders are concerned have moved from distant Ukraine into central Russia, and are now surrounding Moscow.

And that the real conflict for them has become an informational civil war where the appearances of success to their citizens matter in the short term more than real success does in the long term.

That they're desperately trying to stanch the hemorrhaging of their own power over their own citizens at home. There's no long term without a short term.

There's an old move about this old time worn last ditch military tactic called, Wag the Dog. I looked to see if it's free to watch on YouTube. But It's not free, they want $3.99 to watch it.

So I substituted a nice Harpaw Band music video which captures the spirit of the moment in its stead:

Months ago I felt that after Russia didn't win this war in three days and then seven more days had gone by to make that ten days that Russia was not going to win this war.

Now it's been several days since the The Russians are Coming, The Russians are Coming, The Russians are Coming, but the Russians haven't come. If this goes on for another week and the Russians still don't come I'm going to decide that the Ukrainians have won this war.

I checked and the old movie, The Russians are Coming, The Russians are Coming, The Russians are Coming, is free, and is available on YouTube:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom