Ukraine (28 Viewers)

Russian losses to date released by the Ukrainian General staff, with (% from total) for equipment loss:

FpK6NFkWYAIvCQG

Russian losses to date released by the Ukrainian General staff, with (% from total) for equipment loss:

FpK6NFkWYAIvCQG

i still cannot wrap my brain around these numbers. Just the top 3 alone....3200~ tanks? thats almost 10 tanks lost PER DAY. Not week, not month...PER DAY.

One Ukrainian soldier in a trench - repelling an assault ( the other you see just in bunker reportedly was scared so didnt come out )

One dude...takes out two assaulting RAF and what looks to be either BMP or IFV with RPG ( first action )

A bit longer version. Crazy.

i read on his tiktok that while the other soldier was scared, he was reloading him- which is why you see him constantly running to the bunker.

and if you notice, he uses no less than 4 diff assault rifles/machine gun. He eliminated 4, wounded 1 and took out an IFV.

One dude. Its insane.

Do we have a reliable estimate of Ukrainian losses?
No.

We don't have a "reliable" estimate of Russian losses either. I figure that insofar as equipment losses that it's at least 50% correct, but insofar as personel it might be less than 50% of correct, both overstated for sure.

i still cannot wrap my brain around these numbers. Just the top 3 alone....3200~ tanks? thats almost 10 tanks lost PER DAY. Not week, not month...PER DAY.
Half that number and then it's not so hard to conceive of.

:)

In addition to that many of those tanks lost broke down too close to the battle lines to be retrieved. Those are the ones we see video of when the drones are dropping grenades in open hatches. If a tank is stopped and has an open hatch it is pretty save to conclude that it has broken down and has been abandon by its crew.

In addition to that many of those tanks lost broke down too close to the battle lines to be retrieved. Those are the ones we see video of when the drones are dropping grenades in open hatches. If a tank is stopped and has an open hatch it is pretty save to conclude that it has broken down and has been abandon by its crew.

Lets just say that it is 50% - that is still 5 a day, every day over 358 days

In what was to be a 3 day operation

For a country that cannot produce 2 tanks per day due to sanctions.

I lean to the fact that its probably closer to 60/70% of those figures ( not as low as 50% ) because if you see Vuldehar, or Kyiv or the river crossing in 2022...they keep happening.

So a Telegram channel i follow just posted a full 5:00 video of this battle.

Not trying to glorify war in any way, but what i just saw was shirt you only see in the movies.

The ONLY thing missing is him getting out that trench w/ an M60 saw and 250 rds and walking and spraying and living to tell about.

its 5 min of pure adrenaline. Shoot my heart still racing.

And in this one, that younger guy in bunker is totally reloading/handing grenatas ( grenades ) and different weapons as he moves from one side to other.

I wish i could post it here but dont know how to get off of Telegram to post ( i assume it will wind up on Twitter at some point today )

So a Telegram channel i follow just posted a full 5:00 video of this battle.

Not trying to glorify war in any way, but what i just saw was shirt you only see in the movies.

The ONLY thing missing is him getting out that trench w/ an M60 saw and 250 rds and walking and spraying and living to tell about.

its 5 min of pure adrenaline. Shoot my heart still racing.

And in this one, that younger guy in bunker is totally reloading/handing grenatas ( grenades ) and different weapons as he moves from one side to other.

I wish i could post it here but dont know how to get off of Telegram to post ( i assume it will wind up on Twitter at some point today )
I'm going to sign up for telegram. Nornal to need to put your phone number in there? Not a fan of that usually.

No.

We don't have a "reliable" estimate of Russian losses either. I figure that insofar as equipment losses that it's at least 50% correct, but insofar as personel it might be less than 50% of correct, both overstated for sure.
The Oryx website does a very good job of documenting only loses verified with photo or video evidence.

Their figures of Russian tank losses:

Tanks (1738, of which destroyed: 1025, damaged: 80, abandoned: 86, captured: 547)​

I say these figures are close to as accurate as we are going to get.

The figure of 547 tanks "Captured" is crazy but believable when you consider again bases on photo and video evidence. So, some of these will obviously be damaged beyond financial repair. But again it possible this is within 80-90% accurate.
Lets just say that it is 50% - that is still 5 a day, every day over 358 days

In what was to be a 3 day operation

For a country that cannot produce 2 tanks per day due to sanctions.

I lean to the fact that its probably closer to 60/70% of those figures ( not as low as 50% ) because if you see Vuldehar, or Kyiv or the river crossing in 2022...they keep happening.
You have to remember that most of the Russian arsenal was constructed during the cold war and modernized over time. The T-72 was produced from 1968 to the present day in all its variants. 24,000 T-72's were produced. They still have huge stockpiles of these that can be pulled out of mothballs and refurbished. Then you can add T-80 which was produced from 1987 to present day. 2400 of this variant was produced. So even if only 10% of these are battle ready or ready for modernization then they still have a lot of tanks they can access without having to build brand new ones (T-90's). Not to mention the T-64's that we've already seen being used and documented on the above website.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom