Ukraine (28 Viewers)

This is the 362 day of war. address by Volodymyr Zelenskyy to Ukrainians with english subtitles:

"It is now and in Ukraine that the fate of the world order, which is based on rules, on humanity, on predictability, is being decided. And today, President Biden and I talked, in particular, about how to do everything to ensure our common victory this year in the war that Russia unleashed. The specific steps for this are known. Our defense needs for this are known. The active actions required for this - the actions of our warriors at the front first of all - are also well known to our partners. All we need is determination. Today I saw such determination of President Biden and the United States of America. And I want to thank Mr. President for this visit and for the talks - really useful talks. I am also thankful, on behalf of all Ukrainians, to all Americans - ordinary people and community leaders, members of Congress from both parties, and all members of President Biden's team - for bringing our relationship - between Ukraine and America - to a historically most meaningful level. We can be called true allies, and our alliance with America truly strengthens the world. Glory to all who fight for Ukraine! Thank you to everyone who helps! May the memory of everyone who gave life for the freedom of Ukraine live forever! Glory to Ukraine!"

He makes an address like this every couple days, and on the next day they add English subtitles to it, and here's where they keep them. Always a day late but with subtitles:

I really don't think anyone in the west cares about internal Russian propaganda. The only real concern would be a direct conflict between Russian, and Romanian forces.
We in the west won’t care, but China and India will. Many of the other bystanders will care, Hungary and Turkey May care.

They can legitimately sell it internally that NATO attacked. Now it becomes fighting to save Mother Russia instead of expanding borders. I just see to many problems if Romania acts and no upside. If Ukraine does it, the opposite is true.

Putin is set to give his big speech to the Russian Federal Assembly in less than10min now.
It's being hyped up a bigger than usual deal.

Apparently the slogan on the billboard accompanying the announcement of the speech is "Russia's border ends nowhere".

Live translated feed if anyone over yonder is awake and interested.

We in the west won’t care, but China and India will. Many of the other bystanders will care, Hungary and Turkey May care.

They can legitimately sell it internally that NATO attacked. Now it becomes fighting to save Mother Russia instead of expanding borders. I just see to many problems if Romania acts and no upside. If Ukraine does it, the opposite is true.

You are talking about international politics, and some kind of hypothetical propaganda campaign. I'm talking about actual strategy.

From a tactical standpoint. There is more upside to Romania pushing out Russia. It's Romania's troops, and not's Ukraine's. It's NATO now on another border with Ukraine. It gives you an entirely different supply route. Most importantly, it doesn't divert Ukraine men, and material from the fight with Russia. Also, there is plenty of downsides to creating two fronts in a war.

It seems you are more focused on the political side, then you should understand the deep ties between Romania and Moldova.

Here is the Wikipedia article on the subject of reunification: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unification_of_Moldova_and_Romania

Maybe we are having a bit of miscommunication timelines. I'm talking about this then being done on a "soonish" timeline, and not "later" after the war is over.

You are talking about international politics, and some kind of hypothetical propaganda campaign. I'm talking about actual strategy.

From a tactical standpoint. There is more upside to Romania pushing out Russia. It's Romania's troops, and not's Ukraine's. It's NATO now on another border with Ukraine. It gives you an entirely different supply route. Most importantly, it doesn't divert Ukraine men, and material from the fight with Russia. Also, there is plenty of downsides to creating two fronts in a war.

It seems you are more focused on the political side, then you should understand the deep ties between Romania and Moldova.

Here is the Wikipedia article on the subject of reunification: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unification_of_Moldova_and_Romania

Maybe we are having a bit of miscommunication timelines. I'm talking about this then being done on a "soonish" timeline, and not "later" after the war is over.
I'm basing my argument on what people in Poland and Hungary are saying. While I agree that it would be great if those soldiers were gone tomorrow, I'm trying to be realistic.

I have a superficial understanding of Romania and Moldova having a shared history and heritage. I think you are too easily discounting the history of Ukraine in the area. Hungary, Romania, and Ukraine have relatives in each country, so if Ukraine drives them out, Romania and Moldova wouldn't be to upset.

I don't really want to pull troops from the front to do this either. In my ideal scenario: A coup takes place in Moscow. Several factions fight for control and those troops in Transnistria and Belarus get drawn back to Russia. Moldova could conceivably re-unite with Romania and Lukaschenko would be worm food.

Speaking to a joint session of the Russian parliament and Kremlin officials, Russian President Vladimir Putin presented the war in Ukraine as an existential struggle against the West, while announcing he was suspending Russia's participation in the last remaining arms control treaty with the U.S.

"They are the ones who started this war, and we are using our forces to put a stop to it," said Putin, referring to the conflict in Ukraine.

One of the girls on our team, Yana, has a husband in the army. He was mobilized in the first round and lucky for him, spent many weeks in Voronezh training.
He called her yesterday…he’s now on the front line in Donbas, in a trench 300 meters from the Ukrainian line.
He told her they have few guns and no ammunition supply. They don’t get any regular food and no communication from officers. It appears that the Russian army is falling to pieces.
My colleague, Evgeny, an ardent patriot has now done a complete 180. Now they are starting to talk amongst themselves about what will happen when the war is lost and Putin is ousted. Everyone thinks it will be pure chaos. Home front morale is dropping like a rock.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom