Ukraine (49 Viewers)

Probably off subject but just a personal anecdote…when I arrived in Belgorod I had to go through medical examinations for my visa. There were probably 30-40 of us that day and the vast majority were carrying Moldovan passports. Not sure how the economy is there, but for them to emigrate to Russia for what looked like menial jobs is telling.
Russia is about twice as wealthy per capita than Moldova. Moldova and Armenia are 3ed and 4th poorest, but I'm not sure which is the poorest of the two.

Ukraine and Kosovo are the poorest countries of all in that area. The discrepancy between the pairs is caused by looking at both GDP and GNI to gauge the per person wealth.

"It's a hobby."
My question, how do they get that video on YT, but others like Denys and Jake can't even show a long range artillery shot for fear of it being taken down?
I didn't start chuckling until I looked up this YouTube channel.

The reason they get to upload what they want is because of who they are, and what they're doing.

They're the Ukrainian civil society, ole dowager's hump, thousands of them come together to achieve the war.

ABOUT US​

Ukraine War Archive (UWA) is a united database of video and audio materials that document the Russian invasion of Ukraine. Since February 24, 2022, millions of Ukrainians have become witnesses and victims of the biggest war in Europe in decades. Fortunately, most people now have recording devices that can capture every scene and every crime of this war. Ukraine War Archive is set to collect all those bits of evidence, catalogue them, and make sure nothing is left unnoticed and unaddressed. This archive is set to tell the world what it’s like to live through this war.

HOW UWA WORKS​

Anybody can contribute to the Ukraine War Archive: you just need to upload your files and specify some additional information (name, date, location, etc.). The archive contains all kinds of data. We urge everybody to submit materials that document all aspects of life during war: daily activities, the experience of evacuation or bomb sheltering, civilian resistance to aggression, wartime destruction, violence, and other criminal actions of the Russian army. Any other materials that authors consider worthy of attention are welcome as well.
We are also looking for people who are willing to tell us their war stories in person. Interviews with eyewitnesses of war events recorded by our team are part of the War Archive. If your home was damaged or looted by Russian forces or you had to evacuate from your hometown due to shelling, or you were a witness of violence against civilians, please contact us. We are working to ensure that the evidence collected during interviews can be used in court proceedings to punish the guilty.
We guarantee the complete confidentiality of every contributor.
Our team then verifies, systematizes, and catalogs all the submitted files. The tagged catalogue is easily searched by keywords in the description, location, and date of the materials.
The UWA is built in accordance with the international standards used in the International Criminal Court. Our database is protected against unsanctioned third-party access. We also keep UWA’s materials backed up outside Ukraine for advanced security.

I didn't start chuckling until I looked up this YouTube channel.

The reason they get to upload what they want is because of who they are, and what they're doing.

They're the Ukrainian civil society, ole dowager's hump, thousands of them come together to achieve the war.

ABOUT US​

Ukraine War Archive (UWA) is a united database of video and audio materials that document the Russian invasion of Ukraine. Since February 24, 2022, millions of Ukrainians have become witnesses and victims of the biggest war in Europe in decades. Fortunately, most people now have recording devices that can capture every scene and every crime of this war. Ukraine War Archive is set to collect all those bits of evidence, catalogue them, and make sure nothing is left unnoticed and unaddressed. This archive is set to tell the world what it’s like to live through this war.

HOW UWA WORKS​

Anybody can contribute to the Ukraine War Archive: you just need to upload your files and specify some additional information (name, date, location, etc.). The archive contains all kinds of data. We urge everybody to submit materials that document all aspects of life during war: daily activities, the experience of evacuation or bomb sheltering, civilian resistance to aggression, wartime destruction, violence, and other criminal actions of the Russian army. Any other materials that authors consider worthy of attention are welcome as well.
We are also looking for people who are willing to tell us their war stories in person. Interviews with eyewitnesses of war events recorded by our team are part of the War Archive. If your home was damaged or looted by Russian forces or you had to evacuate from your hometown due to shelling, or you were a witness of violence against civilians, please contact us. We are working to ensure that the evidence collected during interviews can be used in court proceedings to punish the guilty.
We guarantee the complete confidentiality of every contributor.
Our team then verifies, systematizes, and catalogs all the submitted files. The tagged catalogue is easily searched by keywords in the description, location, and date of the materials.
The UWA is built in accordance with the international standards used in the International Criminal Court. Our database is protected against unsanctioned third-party access. We also keep UWA’s materials backed up outside Ukraine for advanced security.

I think you misspelled "archive". A very different vibe from "achieve".

It’s “Defenders of the Fatherland” holiday in Russia today…:-(

79E850AB-AC26-4602-A784-EAC856D070FF.jpeg
It appears to be celebration of “Men” regardless of whether you defended the Fatherland or not! All the women in the office are dressed in their best clothes, presents given to all the men, plus breakfast pizzas. A few party games were played…all the men had to draw a paper out of the hat and perform the activity noted. Of course, they made me go last and what did I get… “perform a rap song”! Thank god I knew all the beginning lines to Rappers Delight from 1980…:). All just a bit surreal with everything that is going on around us.

It does bring up the question of what if....What if russia acts against Moldova? Does the West help out like in Ukraine? I would think that Moldova falling to russia would be as bad as if Ukraine fell, geographically and militarily strategically.

I don't know how they would get there. They would have to cross Ukraine's airspace and use airborne troops.

I assume Moldova is signaling something by coming out, and saying this. The biggest actual counterpoint to why this won't happen now is energy. Unless Moldova has another source 70% of it's energy is produced in Transnistria, the other 30% from Ukraine. Russia was the gas source for the plant in Transnistria. They would have to figure out how to meet their energy needs before an invasion happened.

This is the power plant.

Our greed as a country is about to come home to roost. We're going to learn the true price of eating up cheap Chinese wal mart junk when it goes away. Personally I look forward to it. China is a horrible country that we should've treated as such decades ago instead of continuing to allow them to take advantage of our greed. /Soapbox haha

Our greed as a country is about to come home to roost. We're going to learn the true price of eating up cheap Chinese wal mart junk when it goes away. Personally I look forward to it. China is a horrible country that we should've treated as such decades ago instead of continuing to allow them to take advantage of our greed. /Soapbox haha
The process of decoupling from China has already started. There are going to be about 700 million fewer Chinese people in 30 years just because of their population demographics. They are in for an ugly couple of decades.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom