Ukraine (22 Viewers)

Posting this because there is a very good video from a Ukrainian soldier that explains a lot that most "westerners" don't know/realize about the aid given to Ukraine and why the invasion "caught people off guard".

The process of decoupling from China has already started. There are going to be about 700 million fewer Chinese people in 30 years just because of their population demographics. They are in for an ugly couple of decades.
That's what some people are saying (Jordan Peterson for one) but not sure I buy it. With fewer mouths to feed, they will be leaner and meaner. And with fewer women for the men (one child policy = abort if girl) they will be meaner. Lots of older folks to care for by fewer young folks, but do they care?

That's what some people are saying (Jordan Peterson for one) but not sure I buy it. With fewer mouths to feed, they will be leaner and meaner. And with fewer women for the men (one child policy = abort if girl) they will be meaner. Lots of older folks to care for by fewer young folks, but do they care?

That is true once the demographics improve.

But they are going to have way more old and unproductive people than productive people. Those people are going to take up resources without producing anything for the last decades of their lives. This is going to be about a 40 year period, unless they start euthanizing old people.

Just want to make it clear, that I am no fan of Peterson, and i didn't get that from him, but just because he says something doesn't mean it's wrong.

Since we've veered towards population stats, an interesting one concerning Ukraine popped up.

"Ukraine had one of the lowest birth rates on the planet. And then a war broke out," explains Brienna Perelli-Harris, a professor of demography at the University of Southampton who studies fertility rates in Ukraine. She says Ukrainian demographers are projecting the fertility rate could fall as low as 0.55 in 2023, though official statistics are not available.

I'd guess Russia knows this and it makes the child theft even more concerning.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom