Ukraine (25 Viewers)

I think history shows might explain why NATO has stayed on the outside looking in but my current thoughts are we should've stepped in or left Ukraine out to dry before now. This proxy war is getting no one anywhere. Either put the cards on the table or go home. How many war crimes and atrocities are we up to? How many could've been prevented by either going in or letting Ukraine hang?
This isn't a typical proxy war though. This is a case of Russia invading a sovereign nation, unjustly, and would be a huge threat to regional and global security. The atrocities Russia has been committing while awful are only a part of the larger problem of the invasion. Ukraine has welcomed any and all assistance from allies but they also understand NATO troops on the ground or NATO air support won't happen unless NATO formally enters the conflict.

It's really important that NATO stands by Ukraine as a firm ally and that Russia won't be allowed to just bully their way into Eastern Europe.

I think Ukraine has been holding their own to this point and I'm not aware of them asking NATO to directly intervene with boots on the ground. They have asked for a no fly zone, but for a lot of reasons, that's never been practical as you'd have to enforce it over Russian territory for it to be effective.

If Ukraine eventually gets to a tipping point where they truly need NATO to send personnel and fight alongside them officially, I'm sure NATO will be ready to step up.

There is also millions of gallons of fuel oil in the water from the generator room that was blown. Flooding is only one facet of this disaster, it's an ecological nightmare as well.
The BBC is saying 450 tons of Oil. I wonder if we have a skimmer small enough to go on a river and I wonder how long before Russia tries to sink it.

The message is clear. "The cost of resistance is higher than the cost of just letting us pick a few of your leaders and implementing some policy changes."

I really wonder what Orban and Vucic (sp?) think of this. Hungary and Serbia were the last two countries in Europe that wanted Putin to win.

I can't verify any of his sources, but he did provide links.

Language warning NSFW

Also the counter point...

Make of it what you will.

My lead theory is Rus filled that reservoir planning to use it to dislodge Ukraine forces on the river islands. Something happened between open the gates and 'how much explosive do we need' and it went badly.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom