Ukraine (16 Viewers)

LA should buy some of these things.

Any times someone says LA, I think of Los Angeles California. I don't know if Los Angeles has any of them, but I do think they got a sails pitch to buy some because I saw a report about the sales people going through the San Francisco Bay Area trying to sell them to the search and rescue people. And if they went there I bet they went to LA as well. My states LA, not necessarily your states LA.

Do folks in your LA area call yours the Bay Area? It gets confusing.

Anyway here's the YouTube sales pitch Hillsborough County south of San Francisco got for the SHERP ATV. It was on TV.

I noticed and remembered it because the moment I saw it I realized that if one of those things were to be brought up into my mountains it would tip over immediately, and roll all the way down the side of the mountain to the very bottom.

This is interesting. Rasmussen is a former head of NATO so what he says is just his opinion, but still...

Allies may eventually send troops to Ukraine – ex-NATO Secretary General Rasmussen

Allies may eventually send troops to Ukraine – ex-NATO Secretary General Rasmussen​

Individual NATO member states may deploy their troops on the ground in Ukraine if the summit in Vilnius fails to provide Kyiv with any clear prospects for membership in the Alliance.

That’s according to former NATO Secretary General Anders Fogh Rasmussen, who expressed the opinion in an interview with The Guardian, Ukrinform reports.

“If NATO cannot agree on a clear path forward for Ukraine, there is a clear possibility that some countries individually might take action. We know that Poland is very engaged in providing concrete assistance to Ukraine. And I wouldn’t exclude the possibility that Poland would engage even stronger in this context on a national basis and be followed by the Baltic states, maybe including the possibility of troops on the ground,” ex-secretary general noted.

Rasmussen said it was imperative that Ukraine should receive written security guarantees, preferably before the summit, but outside the NATO framework. These need to cover intelligence sharing, joint Ukraine training, enhanced ammunition production, NATO interoperability and a supply of arms sufficient to deter Russia from a further attack.

According to the ex-secretary general, “after a slow start, momentum was now building behind these ideas”, including in France.

At the same time, Rasmussen noted that security guarantees alone would not be enough for Ukraine.
“Some NATO allies might be in favor of the security guarantees to actually avoid a real discussion on Ukraine’s membership aspirations. They hope that by providing security guarantees, they can avoid this question. I don’t think that is possible. I think the NATO issue will be raised at the summit in Vilnius. I’ve spoken with several eastern European leaders, and there is a group of hardcore, eastern central European allies that want at least a clear path for Ukraine towards NATO membership.”

As reported earlier, former NATO chief Anders Fogh Rasmussen serves as a co-chair of the group dealing with the international security guarantees for Ukraine. This year’s NATO summit will be held in Vilnius on July 11-12.

To me it's still very telling that china and India both are willing to overlook the human tragedy that's going on in Ukraine. China I kinda understand because they're a horrible country but I thought India was better than that. If those 2 were on board it'd make it a lot easier to argue NATO putting a stop to the humanitarian crisis going on in Ukraine.

To me it's still very telling that china and India both are willing to overlook the human tragedy that's going on in Ukraine. China I kinda understand because they're a horrible country but I thought India was better than that. If those 2 were on board it'd make it a lot easier to argue NATO putting a stop to the humanitarian crisis going on in Ukraine.
I think they are both more concerned with their border clashes. Russia tended to mediate them and neither wants Russia to favor the other.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom