Ukraine (15 Viewers)

Two hours and seven minutes way too long, didn't watch.

It I had three or four glasses of wine I might puke. That has happened. It wasn't the end.
I didn't watch it either, but I did watch Tennessee Brando's breakdown of it. That was a great watch.

A Caption Contest:

I'll Caption it with another photo:

6151006945_75f74855af_b.jpg

Notice their hands.

Definitely. It's one of the things that bugs me. The A-10s would absolutely be a platform that gives the AFU the much needed CAS on the battlefield. They were very effective in Iraq and would be in this case. It just baffles me to think a few hundred of them wouldn't help. They absolutely would. And the training necessary wouldn't be terribly difficult. We're seeing pilots get acclimated with the F-16s and the A-10s wouldn't be that hard to get pilots in there. I don't get it. We've got tons of them just sitting and wasting away on the tarmac when they could be popping tanks.

There no doubt will be some that get shot down, but if the tradeoff is 10-20 tanks per plane, it's worth it.

If it's a choice between paying to mothball them or letting the UKR see what use they can get from them. I'm in favor of the latter.

Hell, if they're game, let 'em pick over the Confederate Air Force and see what they can get to fly. Or build 'em a bunch of B-25s under license.

The main point being that Putin's peepee needs to be crushed with a swiftness. The world is better off with an elected government in Moscow. The sooner the war's over, the sooner Ukraine can start to rebuild. A process that will make gobs of money.

You're not wrong, but it seems to me there would be plenty of those in storage. Whether they'd be still effective after sitting that long, idk, but I'm pretty sure they'd still be fine. I mean, it's not all that long ago the A-10s were still in service. I actually don't think it would be that hard to restart production. Unless they destroyed the entire assembly parts it seems to be it wouldn't be that difficult to quickly build capacity to manufacture more.

That said, I'm not sure there's a political will to do this, so our debating this is probably moot.

Go to the 16 min mark in this video and he explains that Ukraine does not want the A-freaking 10. They already have one.

If its in storage its being parted out or junk. Aircraft in storage are likely airframe timed out.
1707504692913.png

Last edited:
The main point being that Putin's peepee needs to be crushed with a swiftness. The world is better off with an elected government in Moscow. The sooner the war's over, the sooner Ukraine can start to rebuild. A process that will make gobs of money.

This is making the rounds. It looks to me like it's Photoshop blending of several photos.

The thing that suggests that to me is the part of the photo which includes the cockpit shows a pilot in there in a position which would suggest an aircraft in flight. A pilot wouldn't assume that posture if the aircraft were parked on an apron.

If a pilot were in a cockpit on the apron there would be crew persons on the ground around the aircraft as well. The canopy would likely be open.

This is making the rounds. It looks to me like it's Photoshop blending of several photos.

The thing that suggests that to me is the part of the photo which includes the cockpit shows a pilot in there in a position which would suggest an aircraft in flight. A pilot wouldn't assume that posture if the aircraft were parked on an apron.

If a pilot were in a cockpit on the apron there would be crew persons on the ground around the aircraft as well. The canopy would likely be open.

I thought it was a helmet there, but idk, hard to tell. But yeah, looks like a fake.

I thought it was a helmet there, but idk, hard to tell. But yeah, looks like a fake.
Aircraft livery painting is a thing one wouldn't know about unless they knew about it. It's Google-able, use the word livery.

Ukrainian livery F-16

Here's a skin paint someone did from that link which kind of looks like that one on Twitter.

F_16-2023-08-2520_06_10.png.1b0ad851f71922cb20cd98acec07eb02.png

Here's a Ukrainian skin paint of an A-10

2.thumb.png.1282e1a0bdcd95f330857316db056cef.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom