Ukraine (20 Viewers)

Plus, the fact that a large portion of the nation is still war-weary and disheartened after our disastrous departure, retreat from Afghanistan and fall of Kabul 2 1/2 years ago and fighting two, very long, frustrating "forever wars" in Iraq and Afghanistan for 20 years.

Well when you attempt to fight a war "clean" or with "restrictions/rules of engagement", thats what you get.

Part of the issue is the technological advance of weapons that give the impression they are precise ( words like "smart" or "precision" etc ) and a 2000lb "smart" bomb, while can be put on a specific target by laser designation, we tend to forget that the blast radius ( lethal ) can be up to 600 ft.

Its same reason Putin declared an "SMO" ( Special Military Operation ) and not declaring "war" on Ukraine. A feeble attempt at whitewashing the stark realities that many many Russian men are going to die/maimed etc. ( Ukrainian men too including targeting civilian infrastructure etc )
The happenings in Bucha or Irpin were a direct result of the careless attitude Russians have to their own citizens - the cannon fodder type- that get sent out to storm a position with a 60 year old bolt action rifle, 2 mags and no armor or artillery support.

then told your life is worthless so if injured, instead of capture, just end it.

The vail needs to be pulled back on this whole concept of fighting a clean war and it needs to be understood, once you decide this is the only course, then you are all in, regardless of perception of outsiders.

The Israel/Hamas war is a perfect example of what waging war truly is. Ugly, destructive and brutal.

Assassination attempt on PM Fico from Slovakia

things keep moving in wrong direction and it seems to be picking up steam...

Last edited:
Assassination attempt on PM Fico from Slovakia

things keep moving in wrong direction and it seems to be picking up steam...

Pro-Russian populist. Early reports are he was shot in the head, chest, and limbs and is being flown to a nearer hospital than the capital because his injuries are life-threatening and he wouldn't survive the helicopter ride.

Too early to tell motivations obviously, but the flames continue to spread. The West really, really needs to wake up and realize this war isn't just about the future of Ukraine.

Pro-Russian populist. Early reports are he was shot in the head, chest, and limbs and is being flown to a nearer hospital than the capital because his injuries are life-threatening and he wouldn't survive the helicopter ride.

Too early to tell motivations obviously, but the flames continue to spread. The West really, really needs to wake up and realize this war isn't just about the future of Ukraine.
Unfortunately, there are those who would rather close the borders and stick their collective heads in the sand. That will just get a whole lot more people killed than is necessary.

Unfortunately, there are those who would rather close the borders and stick their collective heads in the sand. That will just get a whole lot more people killed than is necessary.
I don't think its unreasonable to try and achieve both, Dave. A safer, more secure, sealed southern border and adequately funding Ukraine with all the weapons, munitions, drones/HIMARS, tanks. APC's, or bullets it needs.

It doesn't have to be this absolute either/or situation some cable news networks hype it up to be. The fact that over 111 Republican House members voted to give Ukraine the military aid about a month ago shows some of them believe it at some level, too.

If that is real and not some type of psyop :D

Q: Why did you sign the contract?
A: I needed the money
Q: For what?
A: To buy vodka
Q: Were you drunk when you signed the contract?
A: Yes I was drunk all the time.

Q: Did you receive a salary card?
A: Yes but I lost it
Q: How?
A: I was drunk. We were guarding the railroad near Nikotskye
Q: Guarding or drinking?
A: Well there was no other choice, drinking
Q: Are you going to keep drinking alcohol?
A: Yes of course, its never bothered me.

I don't think its unreasonable to try and achieve both, Dave. A safer, more secure, sealed southern border and adequately funding Ukraine with all the weapons, munitions, drones/HIMARS, tanks. APC's, or bullets it needs.

It doesn't have to be this absolute either/or situation some cable news networks hype it up to be. The fact that over 111 Republican House members voted to give Ukraine the military aid about a month ago shows some of them believe it at some level, too.
I may be wrong, but I think he means isolationism versus the southern border.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom