Ukraine (45 Viewers)

so now they get a version of AWACS they so sorely needed to integrate with Air Defense.

As much as AD missiles and fighter jets, this is pretty dang important -especially if they are trained on using.

This is a big deal.

I'm not sure why but I've felt the last two weeks we are now in WWIII instead of a new cold war. I feel like both sides are starting to cross red lines and fully prepared to blow through a lot more. I think we are a ways still from truly direct contact but it also feels like we've hit a point of no return. No opinion on it either way, Russia is clearly the aggressor. Simply an observation.

I'm not sure why but I've felt the last two weeks we are now in WWIII instead of a new cold war. I feel like both sides are starting to cross red lines and fully prepared to blow through a lot more. I think we are a ways still from truly direct contact but it also feels like we've hit a point of no return. No opinion on it either way, Russia is clearly the aggressor. Simply an observation.

I don't think Russia is going to do anything rash. Ukraine has been hitting targets using Western weapons "inside Russia" (what Russia considers Russia), ever since they got the longer range stuff in 2022, I think even earlier.

Any rhetoric from Putin that makes a distinction between say, Donetsk/Luhansk/Crimea and Belgorod, is a tacit admission that Putin does not think those territories are "really" a part of Russia in the same sense Belgorod is.

So we can easily throw that back at him, if he argues that.

Also McFaul suspects that Putin's strategy is based around Trump potentially winning the US presidency in November and bailing him out. Him dropping a nuke on Ukraine would be highly improbable before then, Russia would become even more of a pariah than they are now and you'd probably see neutral states like India, probably even his buddies like China start to distance themselves from him.

I think we are certainly at a precipice of what COULD be WWIII.

It is still a very "regional" conflict in that its contained to Ukraine. The tipping point will be if Russia decides to open additional lines of conflict with any other country (s) ( Specific to Baltic States or Finland/Sweden etc )

And i think THAT hinges on what China will do to aid Russia in that if China goes "all in" to truly form an Axis ( with Russia, Iran and NK ) then we see NATO take a giant step to combat Russian aggression.

I dont think Russia opens up a full fledged campaign without the full backing of China. They simply cant. They dont have the manpower, the mfg power or supply/materials to do so. Russians are using JET SKIIS and MOTORCYCLES now...not boats, not IFVs - They have lost over a 3rd of their entire stock of useable equipment in this 2 year conflict and they are not replacing like for like losses.

I guess I didn’t realize the range the Abrams has. That’s like a mini arty piece.

the "publicized" range is around 8000ft.

based on geolocation of firing position i found....its hitting buildings around 10,000 ft or just shy 2 miles.

I don't think Russia is going to do anything rash. Ukraine has been hitting targets using Western weapons "inside Russia" (what Russia considers Russia), ever since they got the longer range stuff in 2022, I think even earlier.

Any rhetoric from Putin that makes a distinction between say, Donetsk/Luhansk/Crimea and Belgorod, is a tacit admission that Putin does not think those territories are "really" a part of Russia in the same sense Belgorod is.

So we can easily throw that back at him, if he argues that.

Also McFaul suspects that Putin's strategy is based around Trump potentially winning the US presidency in November and bailing him out. Him dropping a nuke on Ukraine would be highly improbable before then, Russia would become even more of a pariah than they are now and you'd probably see neutral states like India, probably even his buddies like China start to distance themselves from him.
I completely understand that and agree.

I also don't think Russia is going to fold up and leave town. This is going to have to end one of 3 ways. Russia collapse, regime change or full out war. Thankfully, I no longer think our elections will change that. EU is ready to go all in alone if needed.

It isn't just using western weapons to strike Russia. I don't think that red line being crossed will result in anything rash but I do see it being a constant escalation. China is getting more involved, several EU countries are ready to just start sending troops. We are sending F-16's that will further escalate. Putin is having small scale acts of war take place in EU countries and possibly even the US. While we are escalating, Russia has had it's foot on the gas the whole time and is the aggressor so don't take this as any of the propaganda talk in support of Russia, it's absolutely not that.

My point is I feel like we just passed the last offramp and the next exit is 200 miles away. I'm not saying we'll be lobbing nukes back and forth this weekend but the reality that we are on the brink of a major war has set in.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom