Ukraine (93 Viewers)

Well, it looks like a few EU nations are about to cave in to Poot's demands. Can't see how they be able to do that while meeting the sanctions as well...

Screenshot_20220428-090058.png

Let me also add, I hate CNN's format. Just let me get to the story I want to read, not this other mess.

Well, it looks like a few EU nations are about to cave in to Poot's demands. Can't see how they be able to do that while meeting the sanctions as well...

Let me also add, I hate CNN's format. Just let me get to the story I want to read, not this other mess.
That looks totally opposite from what CNN was reporting yesterday, or maybe it was Sky News? But, they were saying that the EU had a lot of oil in reserve and some of the countries were going to supplement Poland and Romania with extra oil/gas. Also said that because winter is so far off, they have time to work something out.
I really hope no one caves to Putin's demands. We all need to tighten our belts. It's the least WE could do in light of what is happening to the Ukrainians.

Evidence that Russia is already working to reorganize the local dynamics of captured Ukrainian areas. "Filtration camps" are set up to determine those who worked with the Ukrainian government.

And there will be fake "independence votes".

And there will be fake "independence votes".

Yeah, that's not surprising. I'm guessing they did that in prior conquests I think 2014/2015 in Crimea?

I'm confused, I thought Germany had already agreed to not buy any more from Russia?

I think this is all near term stuff. Germany (and others in central Europe) are still dependent on and are importing Russian gas - as they attempt to re-tool their sourcing to elsewhere. Russia needs these sales. But at the same time, Russia attempted to pressure Germany, Poland, Bulgaria, etc. by saying that Russia would only accept roubles . . . which those nations cannot pay based on the sanctions. But Germany found a workaround via a bank that is accepting euros from Germany and paying Gazprom in roubles.

I think its just saber rattling. Putin has two daughters. I doubt he would risk them dying in a nuclear holocaust. Although reportedly at one is in Switzerland which shouldn't be a target so who knows he might just chance it.

However, they might chance a tactical nuclear strike against UAF positions.

All I know is that living in DC, I feel safer when Ovechkin (and to a lesser extent Kuznetsov, Orlov, etc) has home games.

This is outstanding.

I think this sums him up...

“Sometimes he slips into the role and starts to talk like an actor playing the President,” says Arestovych, who was himself a theater actor in Kyiv for many years. “I don’t think that helps us.” It is only when Zelensky is exhausted, he says, that the mask comes off. “When he is tired, he cannot act. He can only speak his mind,” Arestovych told me. “When he is himself, he makes the greatest impression as a man of integrity and humanity.”

I think this sums him up...

“Sometimes he slips into the role and starts to talk like an actor playing the President,” says Arestovych, who was himself a theater actor in Kyiv for many years. “I don’t think that helps us.” It is only when Zelensky is exhausted, he says, that the mask comes off. “When he is tired, he cannot act. He can only speak his mind,” Arestovych told me. “When he is himself, he makes the greatest impression as a man of integrity and humanity.”

Yes. They say crisis reveals the true nature of a person. His is certainly one of valor.

I saw a quote from a Ukrainian commando earlier today. He said that when Zelensky stayed in Kyiv (after Putin presumed he would flee and the US offered to retreat him to Lviv) and broadcast to the nation, it was a singularly unifying event - it solidified the national will to resist and to fight.

Yes. They say crisis reveals the true nature of a person. His is certainly one of valor.

I saw a quote from a Ukrainian commando earlier today. He said that when Zelensky stayed in Kyiv (after Putin presumed he would flee and the US offered to retreat him to Lviv) and broadcast to the nation, it was a singularly unifying event - it solidified the national will to resist and to fight.
He is definitely the right man at the right moment for Ukraine. I'm sure Putin thought he would be a pushover and that's why he acted when he did. Ukraine is very fortunate that he is their president.

The hacks, paired with prewar data theft, likely armed Russia with extensive details on much of Ukraine’s population, cybersecurity and military intelligence analysts say. It’s information Russia can use to identify and locate Ukrainians most likely to resist an occupation, and potentially target them for internment or worse.

Chilling indeed when you see what's happening to civilians.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom