Ukraine (17 Viewers)

boutte

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
I failed philosophy 101, literally. But I didn't go to class.

I don't know if the west should stay out of it, but I do think the west should be more self-aware, recognizing their role in the origin of it, which is significant. A bit of wisdom, taking a larger body of history into account, shows the US shares blame.

I would only hope that people take a comprehensive view of this crisis and other worldwide crises, which have commonly developed under a heavy US influence.

Maybe I tend to place too much blame on US policy, and that's a reaction to being a US citizen who thinks I should say something about the truth, and it's also a result of my personal feelings about people who see this conflict as almost solely the fault of Putin.
It is.

boutte

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Ok, I get it. Are you willing to explore US modern atrocities or not? I don't know how to understand Putin's atrocities without understanding my own governments atrocities first. How do you order your distaste for attrocities?
Yeah we've committed attrocities. Still are, somewhere, I'm sure. There are a lot of things we don't about and some that we do. We've backed them (Putin's regime) into a corner and this is them trying to escape. But the reason we've done it because the USSR and The Russian Federation have been brutal and aggressive. They occupied and repressed Poland, Czechoslovakia, East Germany and half a dozen other counties and the only thing that stopped them was the US. We did/do a lot of bad sheet but we also rebuilt western Europe and Japan and made it possible for them to survive as Democracies. NATO only represents a threat to Russia if Russia won't agree to peacefully coexist with

Korea and Viet Nam were clusterforks and there were no shortages crimes against humanity, but it was another step reeling in the Soviet Union. We've been fighting them since the 40s and with, at times, questionable motives and actions but the bigger picture is that it's been a necessary battle. We've built a strong, if loosely woven, network of like minded allies across the world largely because of Russia's belligerence and we've squeezed it down into fading backwater. If that what you mean when you say it's partly our fault then I agree.

The big problem is that unless we give him a free hand to bully and murder anyone who doesn't bend the knee, Putin can destroy civilization as we know it and half the population of the planet.

saint-58

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Ukraine said it had damaged a Russian navy logistics ship near Snake Island, a small but strategic outpost in the Black Sea.
Renewed fighting around Snake Island in recent days may become a battle for control of the western Black Sea coast, according to some defence officials, as Russian forces battled to make headway in Ukraine’s north and east.
“Thanks to the actions of our naval seamen, the support vessel Vsevolod Bobrov caught fire – it is one of the newest in the Russian fleet,” said Serhiy Bratchuk, a spokesman for the Odesa regional military administration.

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score

gboudx

Not trusting a big butt and a smile since 1990.
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Is that "genius" level strategy to put a bunch of people and equipment into a small area with no cover?

efil4stnias

Play at your own risk
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

Saw yesterday #UkraineWeaponstracker the RF lost over 80 vehicles (tanks, apc,bpc, trucks etc).

So I was curious and looked up what a RF BTG (battalion tactical group ) would consist of. 1-2k troops, 10 tanks and 40 armored vehicles.

If the number 80 or so is right, that 2 BTGs effectively removed from battlefield.

Sailorsaint

Reaction score

The Ukrainians definitely know what they are doing. I think the video I posted yesterday talks about that river and how UKR had stopped them once before but that RU was going to have to try again because it's important.

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
You can't cross a river unless you have an established "beach head". I don't know what RU is thinking because it seems they are ignoring basic battle tactics.

There is social media comment from Ukrainian forces saying that the Russians planned the crossing at exactly where UKR expected and basically walked right into a disaster.

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You can't cross a river unless you have an established "beach head". I don't know what RU is thinking because it seems they are ignoring basic battle tactics.
Yeah, either they are really poorly trained, or they have bad intel (underestimating Ukraine troop strength or positions). Maybe both. I also think that this was one of those things where their command protocol fails them so badly because the troops don't really have a lot of room to improvise as the situation on the ground changes.

Sailorsaint

Reaction score
Yeah, either they are really poorly trained, or they have bad intel (underestimating Ukraine troop strength or positions). Maybe both. I also think that this was one of those things where their command protocol fails them so badly because the troops don't really have a lot of room to improvise as the situation on the ground changes.
It's their top down command structure, it's a failure.

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
There is social media comment from Ukrainian forces saying that the Russians planned the crossing at exactly where UKR expected and basically walked right into a disaster.
Wouldn't be surprised if UKR is still intercepting communications from the Russian army. That would definitely put the Russians at a huge disadvantage.

efil4stnias

Play at your own risk
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The Ukrainians definitely know what they are doing. I think the video I posted yesterday talks about that river and how UKR had stopped them once before but that RU was going to have to try again because it's important.
There is a thread on twitter of the UA soldier who is also an engineer and was tasked on identifying , if RF forces WERE to cross, where they would do it.

According to the thread, he nailed it. The UA forces prepped for this before hand.

I'll see if I can find

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Wouldn't be surprised if UKR is still intercepting communications from the Russian army. That would definitely put the Russians at a huge disadvantage.

I think they definitely are. And they're using roaming pings from cell Russian cell phones to assess troop strength and location. Total lack of competency from RUS.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom