Ukraine (27 Viewers)

I looked the boats up to see what they were. They're 60 foot, 23 ton, motor boats powered by two CAT diesel generators that power electric water jets.

They look like the German Nazi patrol boats one sees in old WWII movies just before Telly Savalas or Lee Marvin sinks them with a thrown grenade.

CAT-C18-Marine-Generator-Sets-1.jpg

The smaller C18 gen set used for the boats is in front of, and is towered over by a very large straight eight engine.
Yep. Those are not small boats. They look small in the video. 60 feet, phew!

yeah there is some serious sabotage happening within Russia these last few weeks.

I'd be more inclined to believe that as lazy, careless and incompetent as the Russian military is so goes the industry that supports it. I can only imagine the increased expenditure rate for the Russians must be creating increased pressure on a substandard safety and quality control system at munitions plants.

I wonder if this is UKR SOF units deep in their territory, or Russian "Seperatists" that are sympathetic to UKR/anti-Putin.
If they were able to fly in a pair of choppers and take out a fuel depot, I'm not sure Russia could stop some special forces type units. Fly in low at night and drop outside a city. Commandeer vehicle from somewhere not likely to be reported immediately, switch often, and a few small teams with some of those drones could easily make pinpoint strikes from relative safety. Setup a mile or two away, fly over and drop, then move to recover the drone if possible.

Probably the biggest issue would be resupply on the drones and munitions.

That's a completely after the fact scenario. With minimal pre-planning, they could have storage areas with drones and munitions as well as sleeper agents or insurgent support.

I don't even want to think about a crazy Russian (Putin) with his finger on the button.

I don't even want to think about a crazy Russian (Putin) with his finger on the button.
I think the thing that upsets me the most is that it really is a "button" in Russia. Here the president gives the order but there is a chain and checks in place to keep a reckless actor from iniating armageddon.

There the subs, air platform, and mobil land based launch platforms follow a chain, but the silo system is linked with a single point launch "button". One lunatic can end it all.

They also have the "dead hand" which has been mentioned here before, which basically means if particular event criteria are met the silos can launch without any human input.

How would you feel about a crazy Russian that only has, let's say six months, to live and has his finger on the button?
I'm wondering if Western intelligence has taken this into account and is keeping Ukraine aid basically at a level so that the situation is a stalemate. The idea being let Putin / Russian leadership think that a conventional win is possible, so don't have to resort to nukes. The problem is if it swings too much in the other direction, Ukraine would almost certainly try to recapture Crimea, which Russia considers their territory. If Russia can't defend it conventionally, this invokes one of their tripwires for using nuclear weapons. Of course you could say Putin can do whatever he wants, but the command has to pass through a few levels before it is carried out. And I don't think all those guys are robots who are just going to do whatever Putin says without question.

How would you feel about a crazy Russian that only has, let's say six months, to live and has his finger on the button?
This is what makes me believe the odds are at least 50/50 that he’s going to use at least a tactical nuclear weapon before all is said and done.

Yeah, wouldn't shock me.
Yeah, I’m not a classic “prepper” but I’m definitely steadily stocking up on the type of stuff that people will make a panic run on if that happens.

Stories like that you kinda need the ability to do more than 1 emoji. Could use the sad emoji, the happy emoji, the hearts emoji and the hug emoji.

This is what makes me believe the odds are at least 50/50 that he’s going to use at least a tactical nuclear weapon before all is said and done.

Yeah, wouldn't shock me.

every time i read shirt like this, my euro trip "percentage of happening" drops. Ugh. Not that im worried in the sense of in a high target area ( Geneva ) but REALLY dont want to be stuck in Europe with family not having a clue what to do.

every time i read shirt like this, my euro trip "percentage of happening" drops. Ugh. Not that im worried in the sense of in a high target area ( Geneva ) but REALLY dont want to be stuck in Europe with family not having a clue what to do.
Well to be fair if the conflict goes nuclear I dont want to be stuck on this planet with my family not knowing what to do.

I have had a recurring dream at least half a dozen times since Feburary where we know there are incoming and I am holding my kids crying and telling them I am sorry and they diserved more out of life.

I mean we are in the middle of Seattle, if the alert came through the only quick routes out of the city would be instant gridlock... the arterial roads here cannot handle much of a load as it is.
Stealing or hopping on someone elses boat and heading for somewhere like vancouver island has occured to me, but if I had the idea, a million others have had it too. Besides there are Naval and Air Force bases in the Puget Sound, so the whole area is probably forked.
Additionally Seattle's geograpic location probably affords it the least warning time of any target in the lower 48 I would think.

Anyway, back to work, I can solve my current conundrum with code, I cant do shirt about the potential willingness of Putin to end human civilization.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom