Ukraine (25 Viewers)

They bought some time and oil and gas money is keeping them afloat - but if the EU oil embargo goes through, it’s going to be really almost impossible to maintain.
China and India are eager to snap up cheap oil, and they will probably demand rubles going forward. Also I think the gas sales to Europe will continue regardless of an oil embargo (which Hungary is now blocking). Which also creates a somewhat artificial demand for rubles through the Gazprombank scheme.

This doesn't mean they won't see inflation, indeed they already have (but so has the US and Europe)

This is another one of those Kamil Galeev very long threads. Click on the photo to have it take you to Twitter to view it there in a thread format that is more readable. It's worth reading, he discusses at length the pickle barrel Putin and Russia are in if they attempt to do a mass mobilization to continue the war in Ukraine. Yet if they don't mobilize they won't have the number of troops they would need to continue and eventually win the war.

Basically Putin is stuck between that same rock and hard spot the Tzar was in, in 1917. The Tzar mobilized the troops he needed to win WWI, but to avoid dying in the trenches those newly mobilized troops were in the capitol where they could get at him, and they were used to depose and kill him.

Galeev makes the argument that "Putin absolutely can declare the mass mobilisation. But it will be conducted in a situation of almost no infrastructure and almost no organisational capacities for such a mobilisation and within a military doctrine that effectively excludes a possibility of such a mobilisation."

That which is quoted is from a tweet far down from the top of that thread, with quite a few tweets left to go. Before he gets to that tweet he explains in detail how the Russian system works, and what is different between that Russian system, and what the Soviet system before it was like.

After that tweet he explains why there is not the infrastructure he needs, and why that doctrine is not capable of a large mobilization to deal with a large war like the one Ukraine is giving them.

This is another one of those Kamil Galeev very long threads. Click on the photo to have it take you to Twitter to view it there in a thread format that is more readable. It's worth reading, he discusses at length the pickle barrel Putin and Russia are in if they attempt to do a mass mobilization to continue the war in Ukraine. Yet if they don't mobilize they won't have the number of troops they would need to continue and eventually win the war.

Basically Putin is stuck between that same rock and hard spot the Tzar was in, in 1917. The Tzar mobilized the troops he needed to win WWI, but to avoid dying in the trenches those newly mobilized troops were in the capitol where they could get at him, and they were used to depose and kill him.

Galeev makes the argument that "Putin absolutely can declare the mass mobilisation. But it will be conducted in a situation of almost no infrastructure and almost no organisational capacities for such a mobilisation and within a military doctrine that effectively excludes a possibility of such a mobilisation."

That which is quoted is from a tweet far down from the top of that thread, with quite a few tweets left to go. Before he gets to that tweet he explains in detail how the Russian system works, and what is different between that Russian system, and what the Soviet system before it was like.

After that tweet he explains why there is not the infrastructure he needs, and why that doctrine is not capable of a large mobilization to deal with a large war like the one Ukraine is giving them.

I mentioned earlier in the thread that it's better to not give an order than to give one you can't enforce, as it pertains to a mass mobilization (calling up reservists). And I think it would have been a lot easier if he hadn't been making all these crazy arse claims about Ukraine. The soldiers have to be thinking to themselves if the man is sane or not.

I mentioned earlier in the thread that it's better to not give an order than to give one you can't enforce, as it pertains to a mass mobilization (calling up reservists). And I think it would have been a lot easier if he hadn't been making all these crazy arse claims about Ukraine. The soldiers have to be thinking to themselves if the man is sane or not.
I remember the post where you said that. This is that situation.

:)

China and India are eager to snap up cheap oil, and they will probably demand rubles going forward. Also I think the gas sales to Europe will continue regardless of an oil embargo (which Hungary is now blocking). Which also creates a somewhat artificial demand for rubles through the Gazprombank scheme.

This doesn't mean they won't see inflation, indeed they already have (but so has the US and Europe)
If this war goes a year, and it may, europe will have found alternate sourcing for much if not all their needs. The US will be ramped up, and China/India will know they ar just bidding against themselves. Also the amount of infrastructure facilitating mass oil/gas sales to europe... just is not there in the east.

Its not like Russia is exactly in a position to be taking on major infrastructure projects either.

Russia is already having major supply issues for manufacturing, yes they can trade with China/India... but neither of those countries are going to be chariatable about it and Russia's credit is kindof shot.

Make no mistake Russia can keep their currency artifically up for now... and maybe even maintain the facade for months... but it is applying fresh paint to a house that is on fire.

They might think it is 1601 before this is all over.

This isn't a Ukraine related video, but really interesting scenario. Pretty funny even if scary as fork in the moment.

Can you imagine the screaming conversations in the respective vehicles??? Wild.

A well armed toddler!

I think a lot of people don’t realize how globally unique the First Amendment is, and I think growing up with that in your DNA breeds a vicious “don’t tell me what to do” attitude — which is awful enough when we direct it at one another in good times but, as I said before, Lord help whoever across the globe has it directed at them in a unified way.
I’m as left as it’s possible to be. I have a Remington 1100 and a .38 Smith & Wesson. I know how to use both. I am not unique in this.

On of the reasons Admiral Yamamoto gave for not wanting to invade the US in WWII was “There are 200 million mostly armed Americans. There will be an American with a rifle behind every tree and every rock”

Can you imagine the screaming conversations in the respective vehicles??? Wild.
I actually think the tank didn't shoot because they thought it might be an SVIED. Apparently they both wanted to survive, heh. That would have been an entirely different video tho. Lol.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom