Ukraine (26 Viewers)

Super44

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
It's the post so who knows if it really happened but seems plausible.

Is this really a surprise to anyone? It was like this before East and West Germany were reunited. Russia had portable nuke launchers, on 16 inch centers, all along their western borders. So what now? Nothing changes for NATO.

porculator

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Is this really a surprise to anyone? It was like this before East and West Germany were reunited. Russia had portable nuke launchers, on 16 inch centers, all along their western borders. So what now? Nothing changes for NATO.
Maybe they just got tired of the U.S. reporting to the world what their military was doing and wanted to beat us to the punch.

Taurus

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Maybe they just got tired of the U.S. reporting to the world what their military was doing and wanted to beat us to the punch.

"Hey Vlad, we notice you're moving 35 launchers and 33 missiles. Two of 'em are decoys. Did you know three drivers have pulled over to take a leak? No, wait, that one's dropping a deuce."

Sailorsaint

Reaction score

Here is a thread about basically what my Hungarian friends were saying and concerned about.

What exactly are your Hungarian friends concerned about? That they won't get concessions from the rest of the world in exchange for sanctioning Russia? That Ukraine is on track to join the EU? That the Czechs are getting more concessions than they are? Truly interested in what Hungary is concerned about.

efil4stnias

Play at your own risk
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

at some point UA will have to go on the offensive in that region which is a totally different tact from "Defensive"

I had read a thread about from Gen. Hertling not to long ago about the logistics of doing that.

I am thinking an attempt will come in the south to sever that "land bridge" and we end up just where we were in 2014 with exception of Mariupol.

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
at some point UA will have to go on the offensive in that region which is a totally different tact from "Defensive"

I had read a thread about from Gen. Hertling not to long ago about the logistics of doing that.

I am thinking an attempt will come in the south to sever that "land bridge" and we end up just where we were in 2014 with exception of Mariupol.

Some think that NATO should pressure Ukraine to "pocket" its gains and not push for expelling Russian forces from all of Ukraine because it would be costly (lives) and risky. I think the whole point of much of this is to let Ukraine make its own decisions about what happens in Ukraine.

HoustonSaint68

Subscribing Member
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Some think that NATO should pressure Ukraine to "pocket" its gains and not push for expelling Russian forces from all of Ukraine because it would be costly (lives) and risky. I think the whole point of much of this is to let Ukraine make its own decisions about what happens in Ukraine.

I totally agree although I also have no problem with purely MILITARY advice from NATO along those lines if that's what the experts think relative to the mid-to-long-term military strategic security of Ukraine. I'm worried about a different kind of pocket.

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

The only concern I have is that you'd have Russia always being a short hop, step away from invading again after they resupply and reinforce their forces. It's a real strategic risk for Ukraine to stand pat where they are. They would be doing exactly what Russia hopes they'll do. But idk. Would depend on what Ukraine wants to do.

Sailorsaint

Reaction score
The only concern I have is that you'd have Russia always being a short hop, step away from invading again after they resupply and reinforce their forces. It's a real strategic risk for Ukraine to stand pat where they are. They would be doing exactly what Russia hopes they'll do. But idk. Would depend on what Ukraine wants to do.
I just hope NATO doesn't try to pressure them into a compromise by cutting off aid.

Sailorsaint

Reaction score
This whole Mariupol surrender thing has me worried about what Russia is going to do with them. Kill them? Demand a trade of war criminals for them? Torture? Or just hold them while they slowly kill them off for one reason or another? I really have a hard time thinking that any good will come of this.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom