Ukraine (26 Viewers)

The Administration and DoD has denied this. Not that it's not true, but officially, they're not painting targets. What is clear is that we are sharing intel. They're just not specific to the details of the intel.

i know this based on reporting. Now the reporting may be wrong, but they stated it as matter of fact. The facts are only as good or reliable as your sources.

No, it doesn't hurt only the US. It could be misdirection, or deliberately planted info to either fool the Russians or build confidence in the Ukranians. We both use information to wage psychological warfare. The "Ghost of Kyiv' is an example, or in Russia's case, false flag ops are commonly used to distract or lead assets on a goose chase.

It could be an intentional leak to gain an advantage in the psychological ops game. It could be a Russian asset, or a reporter could even be making it up by quoting anonymous sources. Just depends on who's doing what with the intel.
Well said.

:)

Terrific thread.
Definitely. What's funny, one of the first comments on his thread was an Iranian making exactly the same excuses for Russia's behavior as the thread author was pointing out that Russia has done for centuries. It's almost as if he was confirming the author's observations.

Screenshot_20220507-103801_Twitter.jpg

And I saw a piece that said Ukraine took out that radar with one of the two drones it had in the area distracting the Moskva. Also saw a piece that said the U.S. has "observation" drones in the Black Sea gathering data. So, it depends on what the source is and which narrative they are promoting. Maybe both versions are out there to confuse the Russians a bit, make them wonder where the intel is coming from.

The US has been flying Global Hawk drones from Italy the whole time. Large, high tech recon/intelligence UAVs.

I wonder if some of the Ukraine ships are going to leave Odessa. They could hug the Romanian coast and have NATO protection.
I've been wondering about this for awhile. Is the Black Sea considered international waters? If so, isn't a commercial vessel protected by international law? I mean, if a Ukrainian flagged vessel did make it out of the Black Sea into the Med, and then was hit and sunk by Russia in International waters, wouldn't that cause a stink? Russia hasn't formally declared war, it's a special military operation, right? Does that extend into Internationally recognized waters?

I've been wondering about this for awhile. Is the Black Sea considered international waters? If so, isn't a commercial vessel protected by international law? I mean, if a Ukrainian flagged vessel did make it out of the Black Sea into the Med, and then was hit and sunk by Russia in International waters, wouldn't that cause a stink? Russia hasn't formally declared war, it's a special military operation, right? Does that extend into Internationally recognized waters?
If the commercial vessels is flagged under any country besides Ukraine, yeah, it would cause a stink. As in an act of war type of stink. Though its doubtful if it did happen, said country would actually declare war on Russia. It would be nevertheless be major international incident. Although I would note that countries have kinda gotten away with attacking each others vessels, even during peacetime. Mostly by accident. Israel famously attacked a US Navy vessel in 1967, though they said they thought it was an Egyptian vessel.

I doubt any commercial vessel is going to risk going into Ukraine ports right now. I'm surprised that they still continue to go into Novorossiyk, as the Black Sea can be considered a war zone, I guess that cheap oil is worth it.

Blockades themselves have long been considered acts of war, its only in the deranged minds of Russian officials that it doesn't consider itself at war with Ukraine now.

Ukranians are putting the hurt on Russians on Snake Island.

There's also a chopper unloading people and likely supplies that got obliterated by a drone attack. Won't post that one tho.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom