Ukraine (25 Viewers)

Well, to a degree, yes, but don't forget the Russians have subs out there and those can do a lot of damage. Now, if the Ukranians somehow start picking off their subs, that would be a whole new ballgame.
There is a video on YouTube showing a sub under attack.

So my question, how can governor give the Ukrainian army orders to attack? Even if the have a national guards system similar to ours, I would think they've been federalized by the national government by now. Just wondering.

So my question, how can governor give the Ukrainian army orders to attack? Even if the have a national guards system similar to ours, I would think they've been federalized by the national government by now. Just wondering.
The best answer I can give, political leaders in central and Eastern Europe have more authority than here. Mayors can make decisions at our governor level.

Are you serious? You're not going to give some Russian signifigance?

Remember they have "territorial defense units" as well. So I think that's why a governor would have some military authority in wartime.

I have several questions about the sub attack but just to start...it's a nuc sub, why are they on the surface, especially that close to Ukraine? You don't command a nuc sub if you are an idiot, so that isn't it. Were the Ukrainians in the area by happenstance to see a surfaced sub? I don't know of any Ukrainian ability to track or even detect a submerged sub. This just seems weird to me because I would think of all the vessels in the Black Sea, a nuc sub would be the safest to be on and the hardest to detect/attack.

I've been wondering about this for awhile. Is the Black Sea considered international waters? If so, isn't a commercial vessel protected by international law? I mean, if a Ukrainian flagged vessel did make it out of the Black Sea into the Med, and then was hit and sunk by Russia in International waters, wouldn't that cause a stink? Russia hasn't formally declared war, it's a special military operation, right? Does that extend into Internationally recognized waters?
I've been wondering the same thing about trucks just driving in convoys into the country openly. Who are the Russians to tell us or anyone else that we can't enter any country that wants receive it?
Since when do we cow to Russia?

To be historically correct, there should be a couple kids as John Deere tractors walking in front of them.
Here's military parade of the adults to go with it.

There was clearly someone who's military job it was to pick from amoung the troops only the ones who looked good and Slavic to be in this parade. It did not look like any stray parts from the "United Nations" was invited to be there.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom