Ukraine (16 Viewers)

I don't think the S-300 or even the S-400 make the B2 obsolete. Everything is classified of course, and its possible no one really knows the real truth because its not like we have access to S-400s to test against the B2, nor does anyone who has an S-400 have a B2 to test it against. That siad, It is very likely the S-400 could detect the B2, the question is how close does the S-400 have to be - if its 10-20 km that is only marginally useful because you would have to blanket a region with S400s in order to have a hope of shooting one down. The B2 would also know its being traced by the S-400.

Its also a question of cost, the B2 is like $1 billion/pop. For that amount of money you can buy maybe 8 F35s, also stealth granted not quite as good because of the shape of the airframe, but not nearly the payload or range.
When the "no one really knows the real truth" argument is applied, it leaves one in the "no position to speculate about anything."

The way that can be expressed in math as a way of proof for my statement is, "any real number divided by infinity always equals zero."

:)

When the "no one really knows the real truth" argument is applied, it leaves one in the "no position to speculate about anything."

The way that can be expressed in math as a way of proof for my statement is, "any real number divided by infinity always equals zero."

:)
Well, to that I would add that the US has practical experience going against later model SA-10's, 12's & 20's due to them being used by NATO countries. From that experience, the US knows whether or not the Raptor could operate within S-300's killzone. Believe or not, the B-2 has a RCS equal to the F-22.

LOL. If you recognize the reference then you must be that old too.

Don Knotts was one of the greats.
Definitely, he was "Incredible" in that movie, not "Reluctant" as in others... :hihi:

I don't know.

:LOL:

I don't know about each pillar anyway, those bridges have an awful lot of pillar's and they are big things. We might not have enough Dolphins.

They would also be quite likely encounter Russian Navy dolphins who might be guarding the bridges. I don't know if they saw our Dolphins planting explosives if they would think it was a fun game and help our Dolphins, or if they would become angry and try to kill our Dolphins.

It might help on that point if we were to train our Dolphins to speak Russian, and gave our Dolphins extra fish to give to the Russian dolphins to bribe them to look the other way.

Here's an NPR article about the Russian dolphins in the Black Sea.

Submersable drones... how about that? We have a bunch of different ones with offensive capabilities, some that carry munitions, and some that are munitions. Basically an underwater, controllable tomahawk. Im sure there are more than we know about. Shame that the XL "Orcas" are not ready... i think.

Submersable drones... how about that? We have a bunch of different ones with offensive capabilities, some that carry munitions, and some that are munitions. Basically an underwater, controllable tomahawk. Im sure there are more than we know about. Shame that the XL "Orcas" are not ready... i think.
I don't know much about Navy drones, I was in the Air Force. What sea experience I have was with the Merchant Marine, not the Navy.

What I do know about that bridge as it would relate to submersibles is that it's very shallow water below it because of how those bridge sections are set on pillars. That doesn't leave much room for submersibles to operate below the surface without being visible to anyone looking down from above.

I looked to see what that Orcas thing is and apparently they are ready and can be ordered now if one has $90,000 to spend.

They do look like a whole lot of fun. But I also think they might be noticed by the Russians on the bridge if they were seen swimming around that bridge because orcas do not ever go into the Black Sea.

I've read that orcas do not go there because what they like to eat also doesn't go there.

That snorkel thing sticking up above the dorsal fin would look odd and out of place to an observer on the bridge as well.

I don't know much about Navy drones, I was in the Air Force. What sea experience I have was with the Merchant Marine, not the Navy.

What I do know about that bridge as it would relate to submersibles is that it's very shallow water below it because of how those bridge sections are set on pillars. That doesn't leave much room for submersibles to operate below the surface without being visible to anyone looking down from above.

I looked to see what that Orcas thing is and apparently they are ready and can be ordered now if one has $90,000 to spend.

They do look like a whole lot of fun. But I also think they might be noticed by the Russians on the bridge if they were seen swimming around that bridge because orcas do not ever go into the Black Sea.

I've read that orcas do not go there because what they like to eat also doesn't go there.

That snorkel thing sticking up above the dorsal fin would look odd and out of place to an observer on the bridge as well.

Was thinking more this.

That is the big one, there are smaller ones though. These images are not super new, so probably(assuredly) more out there now.
uuv_roadmap.png

ums.png

Was thinking more this.

That is the big one, there are smaller ones though. These images are not super new, so probably(assuredly) more out there now.
uuv_roadmap.png

ums.png

That's cool. Load something like that up with 8 metric tons of explosive and swim it under the lower bridge and blow it up. That amount of explosive exploding under water with the bridge just a few feet above it would take out the lower of the two bridges for sure.

Another one doing the same under the higher from the water bridge might be able to blow it up too, but since it's further from the water it might survive.

I'm sure that blowing up two of those things wouldn't cost as much as a single lost stealth aircraft would cost, and no lives would be lost in trying.

The YT channel TimeGhost History has lots of good content as it pertains to world history, but this is one of the pieces about Ukraine and Russia that explains a good bit about what is going on.....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom