Ukraine (15 Viewers)

One thing I've noticed with many combat videos as of late, is equipment being taken out, but troops flee, relatively allowed to. I wonder if that is playing a role...they have to know if UA wanted, they would drop artillery on em.

Maybe they do and we don't see.
I would think infantry fleeing vehicles running under tree and foliage cover would be a waste of artillery ammo because it would be difficult to confirm kills.

It was a good day in all respects for the Ukrainians:

A Youtuber I watch commented on an interesting pattern. The Russians have been attempting to "encircle" Ukranian forces on decreasingly smaller circles. This has been true basically since the beginning of the war. This is my rough understanding.

The first encirclement attempt was the drive from Belarus to Kiev from the west bank of the Dniper, simulatneously with the drive out of Crimea towards Kherson and Mykolaiv. If successful, it would have completely isolated the entire east of Ukraine which only borders Russia and small section of Belarus east of the Dniper, and the Sea of Azov and Black Sea to the south all of which were under Russian control. This certainly would have doomed Ukraine to accept Putin's fait accompli, at best leaving a rump state in the West around Lviv. The northern pincer failed and the Russians withdrew. The southern pincer saw some success but was stopped short of Mykolaiv and Kryyvi Rih, though the Russians maintained most of the land they gained around Kherson.

The second attempt was focused along Kharkiv in the north, and around Zaporizha in south. Both attempts failed, although the Russians were able to hang on to land they gained although they got slowly pushed back from Kharkiv.

The third attempt was from Izium in the north, and east of Zaporiza in the south - roughly halfway to Volnovka. Both attempts stalled out after seeing some initial success

The fourth attempt was from the north, to cross the Siversky Donets river, west of Lysyschansk. This was a disaster as multiple crossing attempts failed with high casulaties. Simulatnaeously in the south, there was a breakout attempt from Popasna, to the north and west. This succeeded but again stalled out. The Russians are stlll attempting this so have not completely abandoned it.

The latest attempt has to been to drive north towards Lysyschansk along the bank of the Siversky Donest, from positions east of Zolote. This has seen some success. Simultaneously, Severdonetsk has been assaulted and was mostly captured before the Ukranians recaptured large sections over the weekend.

So if this pattern holds, it appears the Russians are simply running out of steam, having to settle for attempting decreasingly smaller goals, and their offensive capability will be exhausted fairly soon. At which time they will then be capable of only defensive operations and limited counterattacks until they can rebuild sufficient military capability. However, this will be difficult to do on such a short time scale. They did theoretically have a large equipment reserve, but already we are seeing them pull T-62s out of their stockpile. Initially it was thought they would only be used for garrisoning rear areas, however it appears in some cases they are being shipped to some fronts as well. There is also the question of sufficiently trained manpower. Suprisingly they were able to partially replace some of their lost manpower by convincing conscripts from last spring draft to sign contract, to the tune of roughly 30k. From my understanding however, these have not been well trained. Russian compulsory military service is largely a clown show, from what I here, they barely fire their rifles. They would also need training on the requisite MOS (e.g, tankers) which I believe, is not done during the year of compulsory service.

Putin blames the West for international food and energy crisis​

From CNN’s Mariya Knight in Atlanta
This is like some, delusional pyromaniac freak who after burning down his parent's home, says he's not at fault for starting the fire even though he lit several matches and then threw them down on the carpet.

This is like some, delusional pyromaniac freak who after burning down his parent's home, hears neighbors complain about no water pressure since Fire Dept had to use all the water to extinguish the fire, THEN says he's not at fault for starting the fire even though he lit several matches and then threw them down on the carpet.

fixed.

Putin loves to project his faults onto others.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom