Ukraine (31 Viewers)

:ROFLMAO:

It was just yesterday that I read that the Wagner group were preparing to spearhead an assault on Bakhmut which would close off a major supply route into the Severodonesk cauldron.

Today I see this report about their near total demise:

It was pretty stupid of them to use a stadium as their forward base because the coordinate locations of stadiums are well known to within about a foot, having been surveyed carefully during the construction of that stadium, making it very easy to hit within feet.

That stadium is located about 20 miles east Bakhmut and 30 miles south of Severodonesk placing it well in range of the M-777 guns as well as multiple launch unguided rocket (flamethrower) systems that the Ukrainian's have in that area. From what I see, it looks like it was attacked by a flamethrower rocket barrage

Notice how the entire stadium is in flames and yet there is no visible spillover into the surrounding areas. That was good marksmanship.

Last edited:

It was just yesterday that I read that the Wagner group were preparing to spearhead an assault on Bakhmut which would close off a major supply route into the Severodonesk cauldron.

It was pretty stupid of them to use a stadium as their forward base because the coordinate locations of stadiums are well known to within about a foot, having been surveyed carefully during the construction of that stadium, making it very easy to hit within feet.

Notice how the entire stadium is in flames and yet there is no visible spillover into the surrounding areas.

So they hide in wooded areas and still get ....obliterated.

I dont know how many pieces of equipment/hardware the Russians have, but the losses are truly insane.

Notice how the entire stadium is in flames and yet there is no visible spillover into the surrounding areas.

What was used to target the stadium? Arty? Bombs?

I dont know how many pieces of equipment/hardware the Russians have, but the losses are truly insane.
Will not profess to be an expert in this or historical matters. I have taken an interest in the last couple of years in Ancient Roman history. A very good podcaster on that subject made a point in one of the episodes about the Romans and their military conquests - whenever an enemy/target to conquer was proving to be problematic or difficult to conquer, the prideful Romans would just keep throwing men and resources at it to eventually win - regardless of the costs in lives, money, equipment, or time it took. They had almost infinite resources in that regard.

It feels like Russia is capable and apparently willing to approach their attempted conquest the same way: just keep throwing soldiers and equipment at this indefinitely until they get what they want. Not sure if that's an apt comparison or not. It feels . . . daunting/demoralizing/exhausting and that this will go on for a long long time. I'm so hopeful that Ukraine will be able to meet that long-term challenge.

Will not profess to be an expert in this or historical matters. I have taken an interest in the last couple of years in Ancient Roman history. A very good podcaster on that subject made a point in one of the episodes about the Romans and their military conquests - whenever an enemy/target to conquer was proving to be problematic or difficult to conquer, the prideful Romans would just keep throwing men and resources at it to eventually win - regardless of the costs in lives, money, equipment, or time it took. They had almost infinite resources in that regard.

It feels like Russia is capable and apparently willing to approach their attempted conquest the same way: just keep throwing soldiers and equipment at this indefinitely until they get what they want. Not sure if that's an apt comparison or not. It feels . . . daunting/demoralizing/exhausting and that this will go on for a long long time. I'm so hopeful that Ukraine will be able to meet that long-term challenge.

If Putin truly is not long for this world, then he may be taking a page out the Romans conquest handbook, the future of Russia be damned.

So they hide in wooded areas and still get ....obliterated.

The very definition of "utter devastation".

When the Russians were defending Leningrad against the Nazis, they had soldiers waiting for the guy in front of them to get killed so that they could get their weapon and continue the fight. This type of warfare is hardwired into their psyche.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom