Ukraine (31 Viewers)

I think several unloaded in Kyiv and publicly broadcast would call their bluff.

I don't understand Germany. They could ween themselves off Russian oil and gas, but Scholz sees nothing.

I don't understand Germany. They could ween themselves off Russian oil and gas, but Scholz sees nothing.
Correct me if I am wrong, but dont they have a plan in place to replace their oil and gas dependencies within 9-12 months? I believe it was mentioned way up thread.

Correct me if I am wrong, but dont they have a plan in place to replace their oil and gas dependencies within 9-12 months? I believe it was mentioned way up thread.
It was mentioned in the article. The problem is all the billions going to Russia. My belief is that Germany is an accomplice even if unintentional

I wonder why the US doesn’t send more AFVs to Ukraine. We have an a&$ ton of M1A1s just sitting in storage
Much of that has to do with the amount of training needed. We could give them some we used in the 91 Gulf War, Just take out the sensitive equipment. The other thing is they use uranium depleted shells, think of being in an x'ray both 23 hours a day for months on end. There were a lot of babies born in the 90's with all kinds of health issues because of that.

Much of that has to do with the amount of training needed. We could give them some we used in the 91 Gulf War, Just take out the sensitive equipment. The other thing is they use uranium depleted shells, think of being in an x'ray both 23 hours a day for months on end. There were a lot of babies born in the 90's with all kinds of health issues because of that.
The training argument was certainly true early in the war, however as this looks to be a long war, this argument has decreasing validity. The US Army tank school is 15 weeks. https://www.thebalancecareers.com/19k-m1-armor-crewman-3345947

And that is starting from zero (beyond basic training) A Ukrainian tanker might be able to cut that down to 4 weeks or less, even a green recruit on crash course might be able to do 8-10 weeks.

DU rounds are just one type the M1A1 uses, and even then I doubt it would stop Ukraine from using the M1A1 if offered.

The training argument was certainly true early in the war, however as this looks to be a long war, this argument has decreasing validity. The US Army tank school is 15 weeks. https://www.thebalancecareers.com/19k-m1-armor-crewman-3345947

And that is starting from zero (beyond basic training) A Ukrainian tanker might be able to cut that down to 4 weeks or less, even a green recruit on crash course might be able to do 8-10 weeks.

DU rounds are just one type the M1A1 uses, and even then I doubt it would stop Ukraine from using the M1A1 if offered.
I have no doubt that Ukraine would take them. If we have non-nuke waste shells that will work, send them.

I agree sending Bradley’s would help.

A couple things I wonder about:

How long would it take to learn an older F-16 jet?

Do we (NATO) have any plane launch anti-ship missiles (Exocets come to mind)?

Do we have cruise missiles that may be obsolete to give them?

I believe someone mentioned operational costs and maintenance needs for the M1A1 as being a contributing factor.

He says the water is low enough for infantry to cross. Is there a way to get generators and cables into the area and electrocute the troops? Even if I they are stunned, some will drown and the rest will be slowed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom